Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 07-20-2008, 08:50 PM   #11
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal
Its a vehicle. In my opinion, its not meant to be babied any more than my Ford Taurus Stationwagon is.

I really don't think there's any reason to be concerned. I mean, heck, this bike is considered "third world transportation" for a reason. You think poor farmers in god-knows-where is gonna be concerned that the bike was left out in the rain?
Poor farmers in God-knows-where ride 50cc Hondas. In other parts of the world, 250cc bikes are considered mid-range.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 PM   #12
burbin1978

I agree with Jonathan, seems like we're so power crazed here in the U.S. Most other countries WOULD consider this mid-range. I can't tell you how many people told me that my bike was too "under powered". I think that what I use it for, it's perfect. Even still they ask if I've considered buying a larger bike yet. Why? So I can potentially go 190mph? What for? I think the largest I would ever go would be 600cc maybe. I don't think I would want any bigger than that. I drove my cousin's Hayabusa the other day, WAY too much power. Probably why he crashed it just two months after he bought it.
Old 07-21-2008, 10:55 PM   #13
Sarris

Whoa Baby

Prudent riders live longer than dumb ass riders. The GZ is perfect for it's purpose. As I've said a couple dozen times on this site, "it's not what you ride, it is the ride".

:cool:

Old 07-22-2008, 05:19 AM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Re: Whoa Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Prudent riders live longer than dumb ass riders. The GZ is perfect for it's purpose. As I've said a couple dozen times on this site, "it's not what you ride, it is the ride".

Lynda rode her GZ over 5000 kms on a trip recently and this poor under powered little beginner bike performed like a champion. It will do most anything except keep up with fast traffic. Ride a GZ within it's design parameters and it will not fail to get you there trouble free.
Old 07-22-2008, 10:14 AM   #15
pcmech

Re: Whoa Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris

Nicely stated. I know folks who think that you do not have a real bike with anything under 1000cc or "Harley" written on the side. Their bikes are fine, but my little GZ is all I need.

Old 07-22-2008, 12:39 PM   #16
johnsandlin

If you want to see how most of the other folks in the world use their bikes...take a look at these pictures: http://aistigave.hit.bg/Logistics/
Old 07-23-2008, 01:44 AM   #17
cconleyjr

I have to agree with sarris it the ride my gz performs fine. When I bought it i expeted to get laughed at alot and it's not been anything like that most of the people I ride with ride harleys and have never mentioned it. In fact the only people that have ever said anything about me having a small underpowered bike are people that don't have a bike at all.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:21 AM   #18
LilNinja77

Quote:
In fact the only people that have ever said anything about me having a small underpowered bike are people that don't have a bike at all.
Yep, that's pretty normal....same thing with people who joke about wearing riding gear.....it's usually the idiots who know NOTHING about actually riding. That said though, there are just as many idiots who DO ride who are just as stupid.

The local DQ that I frequent is a fairly popular biker place, the VAST majority of which are all Harley riders who wear nothing more than a brain-bucket. But despite our not-so-subtle differences we can all sit around and talk while having a bite to eat. I rather enjoy those encounters actually, just 'cause it's a fun experience. 90% of the time they think my Ninja 250 is *at least* a 600cc, and they normally think I'm kidding when I say it's "only" a 250cc parallel-twin. I actually had one lady test-fit my Ninja....although I had to wipe the sweaty a$$-print off my seat before I got back on (yes that was a comment on what she was wearing). I always get compliments for my smiley-face windshield :2tup:

Bottom line, ignore the fools who have something bad to say.
Ride safe

~By a route obscure and lonely,
haunted by ill angels only~