Old 09-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #21
Viirin

Re: Smoke from under

The hell is a "good old boy"?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #22
mrlmd1

It's the same good ole boys - maybe 10?-12?- that answer people's questions on here. The rest don't participate much in problem solving, unless they have another problem and are looking for more answers or advice. If it wasn't for those good ole boys, there would undoubtedly be a few less GZ's on the road I'm sure. And to a newbie coming to any forum, everybody is a good ole boy, just like it was for me a couple of years ago and 50-100 other people since who came on here. While most of the advice given is quite good, every once in a while there's a difference of opinion, sometimes egos are prevalent, sometimes egos get bruised, occasionally someone may be abrasive, but most times all of us, and whoever is a good ole boy, is genuinely helpful. Relax, try it again, but correct and pertinent information has to be provided in order to answer your question. I think most of us saw the humor, or attempt at humor, in the first couple of responses to you, I guess you didn't. You have to speak the same language, we all have to be on the same page, to talk to each other. And if you knew how this or any other forum works, you can see in AC's response, he quoted dentheman in that little box in his post, and it was not directed at you, or making fun of you. So you really owe AC an apology for going after him.
So let's start over and try and solve your problem, and a picture would help a lot in identifying what you are talking about, or you can search a parts fiche or owners/service manual available for download on here, or ask how to navigate this site, post a pic, etc.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #23
blaine

Good old boy & certified red neck! :poke2: :roll:

Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #24
mrlmd1

I'll never be a redneck 'cause I'm a transplanted Yankee (orig. from NY, then NJ -ugh) who moved down to the South 8 years ago, nor would I ever want to be one, although they do provide for daily humor. See Jeff Foxworthy and his Blue Collar Comedian friends, Bill Engvall, Larry the Cable Guy, and Ron White --
http://www.webspawner.com/users/mandy77/ and also Jeff Dunham (comedian/ventriloquist).
Genuine rednecks are born and raised in the South, you can't "become one", unless you were born and bred that way you'll never get it or have a brain that works like that. It's like break dancing or hip- hop or rap. Coming from the North as I do, I don't know how they were ever allowed into this country, LOL. :roll: :??:
But seriously, I have a lot of Southern friends and many of them are rednecks.
The real good ole boy networks down here are in politics and inter-related businesses, many just on the verge of illegality, but they take care of each other, like the "families" up north.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:50 PM   #25
JWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris

Every family has a few retards, morons, fools, jokers, brilliant people, and assholes.

Thanks, Man...

Now which one was I :??:

:rawk:

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."

Old 09-15-2010, 06:50 AM   #26
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris

Every family has a few retards, morons, fools, jokers, brilliant people, and assholes.

Thanks, Man...

Now which one was I :??:

:rawk:
Well, I'm obviously the brilliant one. :lol:
Old 09-15-2010, 11:44 AM   #27
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOSFrider
alanmcorcoran, no need to be a smart ass.
No need to be such a tight ass either.

If you really want help, it is usually best to "go with the flow" and not yell at people right off the bat. IT WAS A JOKE. Lighten up a bit.

My serious advice: Given that we have a serious communication problem regarding the silver things under the tank (engine??), I suggest you take it to a bike shop.

It sounds to me like you have oil leaking out on the cooling fins.
Have you checked the oil level lately.......and regularly ??
It could be a minor problem but oil leaking anywhere can lead to BIG problems if neglected too long.