Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 06-29-2008, 12:59 PM   #1
flainn

Ron Ayers slowness

I ordered a bunch of parts from Ron Ayers on the 21st. Other than a confirmation email, I haven't heard a word -- and the site still says "awaiting fulfillment."

Is this normal? I was kind of hoping by ordering on the 21st I might have the parts in time to have the bike running for Independence Day, but that's looking all but impossible at this point.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Awaiting fulfillment on what, the ordered parts or is there something the buyer is supposed to do ?

Just call them.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 AM   #3
flainn

I emailed RonAyers yesterday but heard nothing back.

This morning I called and spoke with a rep.

I placed the order on the 21st (a Saturday). It was processed on the 23rd and my card was charged for the full amount of the order on the 25th.

The rep told me that two of the parts in my order were on backorder, and expected to be available mid-July.

The Web site told me nothing about this -- all it has said for the last week is "awaiting fulfillment." RonAyers never contacted me about this, either.

So I guess RonAyers' policy is to charge your card and then just sit on the order for three weeks, or something?

I told the rep I was not at all happy about this. She offered to cancel the order and refund my money, and I said that's what I wanted.

I don't know about you guys, but I think this sort of treatment sucks. I can't believe they didn't email or call me to ask what I wanted to do as soon as they discovered parts were backordered. I'm particularly upset that they charged my card for the full amount and weren't even going to ship until mid-July.

Old 06-30-2008, 10:56 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I'd be pretty mad too.

I know that I was one of the people who spoke highly of Ronayers so I feel partly to blame.

You may also want to give bikebandit a try. They have a searchable fiche as well.

Yeah, I hate backorder.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:59 AM   #5
flainn

Jonathan:

Don't sweat it. I wasn't angry, exactly, just frustrated that I'm not going to have my bike running for at least another couple of weeks. No idea how long it'll take RonAyers to refund my card.

I'll check out BikeBandit. Thanks.

Old 06-30-2008, 01:08 PM   #6
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
I ordered a new oil pan cap from BikeBandit and I have to say I am very impressed. From the day I ordered (Sunday, June 22) it took them 6 days to order parts from Suzuki and ship my order across the country from CA to WV via USPS. So, considering I ordered on a Sunday, it actually took them 5 days. I'll definitely be ordering from them again in the future.
Old 07-01-2008, 05:02 PM   #7
flainn

Ron Ayers refunds -- bulls***

Not only did RonAyers screw up my order, but they claim it takes three business days to issue a refund to a credit card. What a load of bull.

I'm never doing business with these clowns again.