Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-05-2016, 10:27 AM   #1
maverickfhs

Buying a GZ250 with almost 6,000 miles

Folks, I have had motorcycles and have been riding for a few years.

Curious, how's GZ250 since I am looking at a 2005 and later ones. On S40/Savage/LS650, they say to check blue exhaust pipe and stay away from it. Anything like that for GZ250?

What price range should I be planning to pay?

How's the bike for tooling around town, as well as on the highways with 55mph limit?

Is it better than rebel or ninja 250 or nighthawk? I am having an itch to get a smaller bike. Thanks for all of your help and advice

Login or Register to Remove Ads

Last edited by maverickfhs; 08-05-2016 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
Vegas Street Rider

Welcome to the forum Maverickfhs. Like any bike, condition is important when concidering price. It also depends on the market area you are in. Here in Nevada, you would pay around $1500 for a GZ in great condition.
I like the styling of the GZ. It is that of the classic American street cruiser sized down. It will have no trouble cruising at 55-60 miles per hour down the highway providing there are no steep hills or high headwinds. As far as the three bikes you mentioned, that is pretty subjective as everyone has different tastes. Get what appeals to you. Check the overall condition of the bike and ask about maintenance schedule. You can usually tell a lot about how clean the bike is and how tight everything is. I always use the old axiom, "buyer beware". If you have a mechanic or knowledgeable motorcycle friend, take them with you. Good luck with your search.
Old 08-05-2016, 10:17 PM   #3
maverickfhs

Thanks, I appreciate it. Going to give a quick look at it tomorrow. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads