Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2015, 03:41 AM   #1
Madkaw

Just bought a 2003 today!

Hey all,

Just checking in as I'm new. My wife just bought an '03 GZ250 this evening as she wants to make the jump from passenger to rider. Since she doesn't have her license just yet, I had the joy of riding the new addition back to the garage. Was grinning ear to ear all the way home. I'd forgotten how much fun smaller bikes can be.

Don't get me wrong I'll ride anything, but for the last few years I've been pretty exclusive to my Harley. I do also have an '83 Golldwing and a '78 KZ650 (future project) but they haven't seen the riding time they deserve over the last couple years.

Riding the Marauder home tonight though has been a reminder to me that all bikes are fun in their own unique ways. This is a great bike and they wife better get her license soon before I put too many miles on it!

Anyhow the bike was a pretty good deal for the market here (Canadian prairies) and the owners had spent a good deal of time detailing it before we got there so it looks great. Only issues are that it has been in a small slide (only damage is a small scrape on the exhaust and bar end) and one of the fork seals is leaking slightly. The slide damage isn't enough for us to worry about and I can do the seals in short order depending how many beers are close at hand.

Sorry for the novel. I may be more excited than the wife Ha! Looks like a nice community here and some great resources.

Safe ride,
Madkaw

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-16-2015, 05:09 AM   #2
gz4me +

Welcome to the forum Madkaw. The GZ is a very fun bike to ride. This forum provides excellent information on the GZ. Enjoy the forum and the GZ. Let the wife take it for a spin or two.(Ha ! Ha !)
Old 07-16-2015, 07:29 AM   #3
blaine

Welcome to the family!!

Old 07-16-2015, 08:10 AM   #4
b1pig

the GZ is a great bike to learn on. my wife bought one in 2008 and still loves her bike. she refuses to upgrade after i've put a few mods on it. she has followed my on a couple of rides, one which came up to 192 miles round trip to a meet/eat lunch with some guys i chat with on another forum.

its not my type of bike (personally) but its an awesome learning tool.... and with attention of mods, it can be comfortable on the road, too.
Old 07-17-2015, 01:19 AM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madkaw View Post
Hey all,

Just checking in as I'm new. My wife just bought an '03 GZ250 this evening as she wants to make the jump from passenger to rider. Since she doesn't have her license just yet, I had the joy of riding the new addition back to the garage. Was grinning ear to ear all the way home. I'd forgotten how much fun smaller bikes can be.

Don't get me wrong I'll ride anything, but for the last few years I've been pretty exclusive to my Harley. I do also have an '83 Golldwing and a '78 KZ650 (future project) but they haven't seen the riding time they deserve over the last couple years.

Riding the Marauder home tonight though has been a reminder to me that all bikes are fun in their own unique ways. This is a great bike and they wife better get her license soon before I put too many miles on it!

Anyhow the bike was a pretty good deal for the market here (Canadian prairies) and the owners had spent a good deal of time detailing it before we got there so it looks great. Only issues are that it has been in a small slide (only damage is a small scrape on the exhaust and bar end) and one of the fork seals is leaking slightly. The slide damage isn't enough for us to worry about and I can do the seals in short order depending how many beers are close at hand.

Sorry for the novel. I may be more excited than the wife Ha! Looks like a nice community here and some great resources.

Safe ride,
Madkaw
Welcome Madkaw. Lynda, my SO did the same thing. She got tired of riding pillion and bought her GZ in 2006. Her bike served her well for 3 seasons before the M-50 Suzuki caught her eye. Both were very good bikes. Lynda rode for 5 years before hanging up her boots and helmet.