Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-06-2008, 10:13 PM   #1
ChrisK

Riding in the rain

Here is a word of advice that most likely saved my life tonight. Space! Use it. It has been raining here for a few hours and the oil has washed off the road, so I headed home. Up ahead I see a car on a side street to my left, he crosses the two lanes to the turn area to head in my direction, I slow down a little thinking I know he will not pull out in front of me (night time, bight light on). I see him go for it and I slow down a bit more thinking well he will pull into the far lane not to cut me off, I slow more. He pulls out and takes his time getting on the gas. Time to SQUEEZE the breaks, not stopping fast enough, SQUEEZE.......LOCK, Unlock, wobble, feet down and running, Big wobble, 20 feet and still gaining on the car, straighten up, SQUEEZE, slow to a roll. Horn, FINGER!

My fiend was following me home in his truck because I was going to give him a rug. He said that it was freaking amazing that I kept the bike up. I did notice that my helmet fogged up in about 2 seconds. I guess I must have been breathing very hard.

Always wear a full face helmet, jacket, gloves, thick pants, and some sort of good boots.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-06-2008, 11:24 PM   #2
mcintyre_aerospace

I dont trust anybody, most drivers now days turn into complete retards when they drive. I tend to get as far away from them as possible, they full in front of me all the time here, many close calls.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:21 AM   #3
badfun

Send a message via AIM to badfun
Yeah a full Helmut has saved a lot of lives. I like this one any thoughts ?http://www.motodirect.com/servlet/Detail?no=405

Old 03-07-2008, 07:55 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Just about any full face helmet will do the trick.

If you're going to get something flashy, make sure that you have a matching jacket. Otherwise your head will look out of place.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 PM   #5
badfun

Send a message via AIM to badfun
I want the loudest Helmut I can find I really don't care to much about matching I just wanna be seen. I am also looking at this one http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/gmax/gm68s/I can get it for about the same price as the first one thru a friend.

Quote:
So I'm officially claiming this to be the last webBikeWorld review of 2007, thus making the GMAX GM68S helmet eligible for our annual "Best of" awards for the year. Whew!
plus It has leds on back.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:25 PM   #6
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I don't diog dragons; but that's just me.

I prefer the colors of the second one with a black bike and a black/orange jacket.

Check out

www.newenough.com
Old 03-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #7
Badbob

I have one of these. It flashes. Fits better than any helmet I ever tried on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfun
I want the loudest Helmut I can find I really don't care to much about matching I just wanna be seen. I am also looking at this one http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor...et/gmax/gm68s/I can get it for about the same price as the first one thru a friend.

Quote:
So I'm officially claiming this to be the last webBikeWorld review of 2007, thus making the GMAX GM68S helmet eligible for our annual "Best of" awards for the year. Whew!
plus It has leds on back.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:07 AM   #8
ChrisK

I have a HJC C-15 helmet. WHITE. I think that it stands out well in the day and night. Well I guess now well enough for the guy that damn near killed me.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:58 PM   #9
bigfour

I have the opposite problem, other drivers are usually too cautious of me, scared or something even. They won't go at stop signs even when they get there first, causing all sorts of problems.
I've also had drivers stop in the middle of the road trying to let (read: force) me to pass them, nearly causing me to pancake them, even though I'm a slow rider and refuse to pass on single lane roads.