Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 09-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
Wekadog

Did the 2010 Price Drop Affect Quality?

I really only know about the GZ250 of several years ago, as an older, affordable used bike. I was just Googling for a bit more info, and I came across an article about Suzuki's price reduction (from $3999 to $2999) for the 2010 model year.

Were there any changes in quality, materials, or design that went with that price reduction? Would a used 2009 be preferred to a used 2010 or later year in any way?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-29-2012, 11:34 PM   #2
blaine

Re: Did the 2010 Price Drop Affect Quality?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wekadog
I really only know about the GZ250 of several years ago, as an older, affordable used bike. I was just Googling for a bit more info, and I came across an article about Suzuki's price reduction (from $3999 to $2999) for the 2010 model year.

Were there any changes in quality, materials, or design that went with that price reduction? Would a used 2009 be preferred to a used 2010 or later year in any way?
Not to my knowledge,there is no difference.The only change was in 04 when they made some head mods.
:cool:

Old 09-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

The GZ is still the same bike before and after the price change. The likely reason for the price reduction is a 2 fold reason. First there was the economy problems and lack of sales. Second was the introduction of the TU250 to the American market. It was slotted in where the GZ was previouly priced. The GZ could be reduced due to the years of production and all the tooling and design was likely paid for years ago. This is mainly what I have heard/read but it does make some sense to me.

Old 10-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #4
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

This bike is essentially unchanged since introduction. The known little problems that affected the very first one are still around. (Nothing major) And as far as we know, nothing else has popped up as a common complaint that we don't know about.
Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #5
New GZ250

No, but killed the resale price, one reason why I will keep my 2009 GZ forever, think the bike is near worthless to sell, plan on keeping it forever, as the $1,500 I can get for it is not worth the joy of riding it, plus my Bonne Black supplements the joy of my biking fun. The GZ is a fun bike that will run forever, but has no real value for resale or trade in. Keep it. ride it and enjoy, if you want to upgrade, buy it and keep your GZ, as you will not the the value of fun it gives you. I use both my bikes on a regular basis.