Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 05-23-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
PimpS

Headlight visor and crashbar

Hello guys!

Seems like i'm still to oncompetent for servicing my own bike.

Today I got this headlight visor

http://www.louis.eu/_10a5c378bc34a37db9 ... r=10005859

and i almost f---ed up my headlight. I can't fixate this thing onto my headlight. Firstly i unscrewed the wrong two screws and
after unscrewing the right screws i saw what i have done. I unscrewed the screws that holds the two springs inside the light (propably to change angle of the light beam. After torturing with the springs to get them into place, i discovered that after putting in the visor, it didn't hold on, it wasn't tight at all, all loosen and winding around. Then i thought i could fixate it with the screws with the spring inside, but no success... Can you give any advice? What are those 'two teeths' on the top of the visor, should i change their angle to fit and fixate and on to what?

After despair with visor, I wanted to mount the crashbar, but i couldn't. On the top hole (where the horn is) it fits, but it looks like i will have to make a wider angle of the crashbar to fit nicely on the frme, the other thing is, that on the bottom it misses the right holes for about 2 cm (almost an inch) and only a 2 hands more would be able to bent the crashbar on to right position... I remember Alantf wrote about it won't fit, but the guys from the store was assuring me that it will fit, and i also saw the gz's (250ccm) with this crashbar.

Help please!

PimpS

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Headlight visor and crashbar

I would take the crash bar back and ask for a refund. If they say no refund then just tell them to install the bar while you watch.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #3
alantf

The problem stems from the fact that the 250 has 2 exhaust pipes, whilst the 125 has only 1. The bars for the 125 have a different bottom mounting plate, that won't go round the second pipe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #4
PimpS

Alan, mine should go and it goes it's a bit bent out of factory... I think my friends will just give it a push...

Visor, folks, visor... any thoughts?