Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #1
edub

How to Adjust foot brake Pedal

Hello All, I just purchased my 2001 GZ250 and i love it.. however i have one rather serious complaint.

The rear brake pedal is basically straight up from the right foot peg.. not in front of it like it would be on other bike's i have ridden.. I looked at the mechanisms, and I'm perplexed.

I'm sure there is an easy way to adjust the brake pedal to be more "forward". Any help is appreciated. I can get pics if needed.

Cheers.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-15-2011, 02:31 PM   #2
blaine

Re: How to Adjust foot brake Pedal

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub
Hello All, I just purchased my 2001 GZ250 and i love it.. however i have one rather serious complaint.

The rear brake pedal is basically straight up from the right foot peg.. not in front of it like it would be on other bike's i have ridden.. I looked at the mechanisms, and I'm perplexed.

I'm sure there is an easy way to adjust the brake pedal to be more "forward". Any help is appreciated. I can get pics if needed.

Cheers.
Welcome to the forum.There is a bolt under the pedal that adjusts the pedal up & down.After you adjust your pedal you will need to adjust the brake light switch,so the brake light comes on when you first put pressure on the pedal.
:cool:

Old 06-15-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
edub

Thanks for the reply.. I noted that screw, and also noted that it is doing nothing at all.. I think i may have to adjust the entire cable (back on the brake drum) and move it that way because as you can see in the photo i just added... i think it is WAY out of whack!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-15-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
alantf

First.......check that the plate that holds the bolt (under the pedal) is horizontal. If the bike ever goes down, the FIRST thing that happens is that the brake pedal is forced up, which in turn bends the bracket down so that the bolt doesn't touch the pedal, so the pedal shoots up. If the plate is not horizontal, remove the bolt & locknut & beat the plate level, with a heavy hammer such as a lump hammer. Replace the bolt, adjust it until the pedal is in the required position, then tighten the locknut. Been there, done that.