Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 12-31-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
Texas J

Happy Holidays from Costa Rica!

Just got done with Turkey Day( Southern Style), introducing a white elephant Christmas party to the locals, and fixin' to wrap up 2010 with a 20lb ham and some Hoppin' John. Meanwhile I am waiting to return to Texas to prep my geezer for a 1700-2000 mile journey to central America. Nothing is better than a 250 on the roads of Costa Rica! I would love to ride her down , but there is the matter of time. It takes a very long time to make the trip, and I have a restaurant to run. Unless you know someone interested in the trip, I have to ship her in a container. I would love to know, from any of you who HAVE made the jaunt, about how long it will take. I am NOT afraid of Mexico, nor the other "hotspots" of political turmoil, but am concerned with bribe amounts and other border crossing issues.
Cruce Cinco Esquinas de Tilaran, Guanacaste, Costa Rica

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-31-2010, 04:45 PM   #2
5th_bike

Re: Happy Holidays from Costa Rica!

Welcome to the forum, TXJ ! :2tup:

Sorry, can't help you with the travel/shipping plans. I hope someone chimes in.

I was just so happy with the sunny 50°F day in Maryland today, I took my bike for a good 30 miles on the lovely back roads of Howard county. :rawk: Others had the same idea, I met several bikes out on the road
Old 01-01-2011, 02:03 AM   #3
alanmcorcoran

Can't help you with shipping but you might want to look into "Riding South: Mexico, Central America and South America by Motorcycle" by Dr. Gregory W. Frazier. I have also seen articles on South and Central American riding in biker mags like RoadRunner, etc.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-01-2011, 09:14 AM   #4
music man

I would think unless you were VERY familiar with the culture down there, and very fluent in spanish, and were very comfortable with dealing with some shady characters along the way, you would basically be going on a suicide mission to travel that route in a car, much less on a motorcycle. Personally you couldn't pay me enough to do it, well o.k. i would probably do it for 10 million or so. :biggrin:

That being said, you would definitely see and experience things and beautiful places you would never see any other way.