Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-04-2010, 05:41 PM   #1
Scheezo

Send a message via AIM to Scheezo Send a message via Yahoo to Scheezo
Co-Workers complain I take up a whole spot haha

Do any of you have your co-workers complaining that your bike takes up a whole parking spot? I have a couple of people who have said something so I told them I'll just park in front of the door. Just curious.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-04-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
dannylightning

Re: Co-Workers complain I take up a whole spot haha

sounds like a bunch of dumb asses to me. where else are you suposed to park. start yelling at them and telling them their car took up a whole parking spot next time you see them. next time ask them where they think you should park it and than tell them how stupid they are for the dumb asnwer they will probably give you.
Old 07-04-2010, 08:13 PM   #3
5th_bike

I'd tell them I would be happy to share my spot with their bike.

Old 07-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #4
diffluere

At my job (Home Depot) all of us motorcyclists park on the front apron in front of the fencing display. That way, our bikes don't get hit with carts, forklifts or cars and they are safely under a roof.

You could be a really big jerk and park across TWO spots next time....or buy a GoldWing and park across 5 spots...
Old 07-04-2010, 09:37 PM   #5
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheezo
Do any of you have your co-workers complaining that your bike takes up a whole parking spot? I have a couple of people who have said something so I told them I'll just park in front of the door. Just curious.

WTF? You traveled to work in a vehicle and parked in a parking spot just like they did, next thing you know they will be complaining that you parked your Volkswagen beetle, or your Mazda Miata, or god forbid your Smart Car, and took up a whole parking spot. Sounds like they have their underwear on just a little too tight, just tell them to kiss your ass and park your bike in the most optimum spot in the parking lot.

Old 07-04-2010, 09:41 PM   #6
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
[Sounds like they have their underwear on just a little too tight, just tell them to kiss your ass and park your bike in the most optimum spot in the parking lot.
Agreed but I'd be asking them where they think you SHOULD park the bike.

I suspect that most are just ribbing you.......but anyone who makes the comment seriously just MIGHT have a good idea. If not, then see advice above !! :skull:
Old 07-04-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
burkbuilds

Lately I've seen more businesses and even some colleges, put in smaller width motorcycle parking spaces. Maybe you could request a few of these from your employer for people who ride bikes. At my college I asked the parking attendants about parking my motorcycle in the "hash marked" areas at the end of parking lanes and in odd corner spots and they said we could park our motorcycles anywhere as long as it didn't cause access problems for others.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:01 AM   #8
alanmcorcoran

I do worry about people going to pull in to a space and not seeing the Geezer until after they've hit it. The Yamaha is a little larger than your average car so it's less worrisome.

I don't recommend "sharing" a spot with another bike unless they are both of the GZ class or smaller. The Strat is large, very heavy, and not easily maneuverable in tight spots. If another large cruiser is in the same space, you might have trouble getting out if you aren't leaving at the same time.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #9
Water Warrior 2

Be aware that the hash marks are sometimes considered illegal parking lots/spots. In certain locations they exist to provide extra maneuvering room for emergency vehicles such as fire trucks that are larger than your average cage.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
Scheezo

Send a message via AIM to Scheezo Send a message via Yahoo to Scheezo

They told me I should park to the side so they can park their car in that spot too haha yeah right! I told them when I pull back and scratch their car up with my handle bar and tail pipe don't come crying to me. Another suggested spot was on the grass. I doubt the higher ups would like that. Someone even said on the sidewalk which is technically city property. They give all kinds of dumb places for me to park but I just keep parking right in front under the shade tree! Not to be rude but I get there at 6:30 am and have my pick of spots. When I drive the car I'm sure to point out that I parked my car in the same spot and they still didn't get to park there.

I think it comes down to them being jealous really. The one who talks the most used to have a bike but only ever had his learner's permit and never got his license. There are a couple of us who ride to work on our bikes and we double up when possible. The whole thing is funny to me really.