Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2009, 02:16 AM   #1
sigel

sweet little bike

well got my GZ last year, i have a full size windshield on it and just finished turning a pair of 20mm ammo cans into the saddlebags on it. taking it over to Ohio Bike week saturday to ride a bit. came to this site to try and add a horse or two. motor is stock. and it strugles a little in a headwind, other than that its great, no problems getting up to speed even with me and my wife. and im 210lbs. but in a head wind i have to keep it down in 4th. hope to learn lots. thanks in advance.

Sigel

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #2
Moedad

Re: sweet little bike

Welcome, sigel! Yeah, the GZ isn't a real power monster, but for what it is, it's an excellent bike. Is it flat where you live? Headwinds and hills will surely affect performance, but flat ground with no wind shouldn't necessitate riding in 4th. 210 lbs isn't HUGE. Are you talking about riding 2 up when you're limited to 4th?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
sigel

Re: sweet little bike

its flat here in Ohio, and my wife is tiny it dosnt seem to make a dif if she is with or not. but solo into a good headwind i lose a little. not much, just enough to have to fight to hold speed. going to try and tweek the carb a bit, ordered some jets to try. with little to no wind i can hit 65 with me and wife both on. so its not much that i need, not trying to go any faster, just want to hold it in the wind.

Login or Register to Remove Ads