Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Red_bike

Just a little about me

Let me introduce myself, I have been riding for about 40 years off and on and I love being on a bike and you can call me Duck. We live in Georgia where it’s warm enough to ride all year long. My wife and I have one son who will be turning 19 next month and like dad, he wants a bike. He attends UGA and I wanted him to start on something small but still big enough to move around the town that UGA is in so we got him a 2004 GZ250 with 3400 miles and he loves it. He will be getting on this forum in a week or so and he is called Piston. I have been looking around this board the last few days and it looks like there are a bunch of great guys and gals with a lot of knowledge here. I hope to pick your brains on the GZ250 and I hope to also contribute if I can. I am not familiar with the GZ250 model but may be able to help with anyone wanting 1500 Intruder information. Anyway, look for me to be asking lots of questions until I get to know the 250 like I want to know it.

Duck

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-22-2009, 05:39 PM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: Just a little about me

Welcome!

Download the owners and service manual from the forum main page...it'll answer most of your questions perfectly.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:25 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Welcome Red_bike, always a treat to have a new member drop in. Hopefully we can keep you and Piston entertained and informed. And of course we will draw on your experience with previous bikes too. I as well as many others recommend a rider's training course for new riders. Has your son attended or planning to attend ? I am not sorry to have taken a course after decades of riding. The hard part was unlearning bad habits that thankfully never killed me but made riding less of the pleasure it is now.

Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Red_bike

Patrick and Water Warrior, thanks for the kind welcome to the forum. I have already downloaded the manuals and we were looking at them last night and yes they will be helpful. I am the type of biker that takes riding very serious and I know how much fun it can be but I also realize how dangerous it can be. I have had my share of being hit and lay downs in the past 40 years of riding. I have taken two riders training courses, one after riding for about 15 years and I took another one about 7 years or so back. You don’t understand how much you forget or is it you just get conformable with riding and don’t practice what you know you should be doing? Piston WILL be taking a course and he knows how dangerous riding can be. I still have a limp from someone hitting me in 1982 and he has known some of my friends that have pushed it too far and paid the price. He has ridden with me since he was young and once we rode over a 1000 miles in one week. He has a good head and I feel he will have fun riding but he also knows how important it is to be safe.

Duck
Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
Water Warrior 2

Duck, you just made my day. Education is the key.