Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Charlie Foxtrot

Hello From N.C.

Hi Everyone,

I had no idea that there were this many people that ride GZ250s, let alone that someone created a forum. I found the site while searching for a shop manual for my 99' GZ250 and started reading some of the posts. Looks like a great place to come for technical questions and help diagnosing problems with my bike. I might be able to help others with there problems as well. I do almost all of my own work on my 250 because of the cost at the dealership and the "lip service" they usually have to offer. After being laid down 3 times, some things are getting pretty easy to replace with out consulting the manuals like the handle bars. They seem to bend with ease no matter how slow you're going when you drop it.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-17-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
alantf

Re: Hello From N.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Foxtrot
Hi Everyone,

like the handle bars. They seem to bend with ease no matter how slow you're going when you drop it.
I agree 150%. Mine went down last week when some guy turned left into me. The guy at the bike shop managed to partially straighten them with a piece of scaffolding bar, but he was frightened he'd snap them if he put anymore pressure on, so he's ordered a new set.