Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 05-08-2009, 01:11 PM   #1
Tranquility

Newbie saying hello!

Hi All! Just a quick shout out ... I'm new to riding, just got my license a couple weeks ago and my first bike is (obviously) the GZ250. My husband forwarded me the link to this site after fruitless Googling for information regarding installing GZ saddlebags. "You going to sign on to the forum?" he asked. "Oh no no, I don't do that kind of thing". Ha! Famous last words indeed! :-)

I'm looking forward to being part of this community, and thank you all in advance for helping me with aaaallllllll the questions I will no doubt post!

By the way, another poster asked the exact same questions I had about installing saddlebags ... all MY questions were thus answered, plus I love the banter. Good energy here.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #2

Re: Newbie saying hello!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranquility
... all MY questions were thus answered, plus I love the banter. Good energy here.
Now this is person who has a good sense of diplomacy . . . banter . . . energy? A very generous interpretation, Tranquility, but welcome to the site. Good info and good people here, in spite of the occasional bouts of "energy".

Keith

Old 05-08-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
Moedad

Welcome Tranquility,

We'll see if we can get you to change your name to Whimpering Basketcase. :whistle:

Seriously though, there's a lot to be learned here. Enjoy your bike!

Old 05-08-2009, 02:42 PM   #4
Tranquility

I scanned through a few posts and have yet to come across the kind of "energy" you're implying, Keith! You mean I can expect to see some drama here? I love drama! As long as it's somebody else's. ;-)

Whimpering Basketcase: Funny!

Thanks again, I feel like family already!
Old 05-08-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Moedad

Quote:
I scanned through a few posts and have yet to come across the kind of "energy" you're implying, Keith! You mean I can expect to see some drama here? I love drama! As long as it's somebody else's. ;-)

We want to see pictures of your bike, just to make sure it's the same as ours. :biggrin:

Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #6
David Bo

Welcome Tranquility! I live about two and a half hours up the street from you... In fact, I am a District Sales Manager for a company that supplies equipment at the Kimberly Clark Plant in New Milford, CT so I am familiar with your home town. What year is your GZ? - Dave Bo

By the way, did you install your saddle bags yet? :??:
Old 05-08-2009, 07:52 PM   #7
Easy Rider

Quote:
Welcome!

Yea there has been some "drama". Not too intense and not too long lived but drama none the less.........oh, but ***I*** wouldn't know anything about it, mind you. :roll: :biggrin:
Old 05-09-2009, 12:41 PM   #8
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Quote:

We want to see pictures of your bike, just to make sure it's the same as ours. :biggrin:
Yeah, because every once in a while, we flush out Honda Rebel riders looking for a sense of belonging, trying to pass themselves off as GZ riders. Bastards.
Old 05-09-2009, 04:42 PM   #9
Moedad

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianinflorida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moedad
Quote:

Yeah, because every once in a while, we flush out Honda Rebel riders looking for a sense of belonging, trying to pass themselves off as GZ riders. Bastards.
I hate those guys! :biggrin:
Old 05-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #10
Tranquility

Moedad, I'll post a pic of my Hon~ I mean GZ on Monday. I have pix of her on my work computer ... which goes to show how much work I do at the office. ;-)

Dave Bo, I haven't installed my saddlebags yet, will get to it this week, definitely. It looks easy enough to do ... which means it'll take me hours, no doubt! My GZ is a newbie too: 2009.