Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 10-01-2008, 06:06 PM   #1
trykemike

last long ride for the season

2 weeks ago Sept 20 th W/E myself and a buddy took our last ride upto the trailer park. My buddy also named Mike rides a Harley dyna low rider. He brought his wife on the back. We were late departing the city. We arranged to meet 60 km away at a nearby town. We met at a Tim Hortons . ( a canadian icon ) had a coffee and rode out along a secondary rode through farm country. We rode @ 80-90 k/hr for about 1/2 hr as the sun began to set and the temps began to drop. Traffic was moderate.
We reached the next landmark a marina called BoatLand. Here we turned onto the main highway 4 lanes with a posted speed limit of 100 k/hr . We averaged 100-105 k/hr ( 6000 - 6500 rpm ) for another 35 mins gradually climbing as we rode north. Traffic was heavy and steady. Our next stop was Peterborough we rode through it for 20 mins over asphalt that had been scoured for re-surfacing the bike wavered a little but held in control avg 75-80 k/hr through that stretch. We got back onto smooth highway and rode @ 90-100 k/hr for 30 mins into Norwood then through it to good highway then 20 mins @ 90-100 to Havelock through it to a pit stop "THE RANCH " where we met some other friends for dinner ( fish and chips ) when we went out of the restaurant to complete the ride to the park . It was pitch black outside. The bike were soaked by heavy dew as if it had rained but the sky was full of stars. It was COLD . Mike complained that my bike was louder than his at warmup . He took off
into the night. I followed but @ 105 k/hr decided to ease back. Deer may pop out unexpectedly and then ??????????!!!!!!!. Later mike explained he cought up to a pickup and tailed him for the last 10 km into the park inorder to avoid the deer . Hmm . The next day we met another friend and rode to meet some others for a ride north. I rode part of the way 95 km with the boys then headed back to do a roof repair on my trailer
the only sunny warm day left and beside my back told me to ease up because we had a ride home 200 km the next day. We left at 9:00 am met at TIM HORTONS ( another one ) the rode north the sky was grey and the air cold. We avg 90 k/hr. Here are some pics.

Login or Register to Remove Ads