Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Parts & Accessories

Old 08-23-2008, 08:24 PM   #1
Jenny

Wanted: Bracket for Saddlebags

I got a free pair of saddlebags (they're small, I'm hoping they fit my bag). However, I'm concerned about them getting sucked into the chain or the wheel. I've been told that there's a bracket that can be purchased, and my local Suzuki dealer can order it for me for $60. However, I'm not sure that the bags will even fit, and I don't want to put anymore money into "unnecessary" modifications right now since winter's coming and the bike will be put away for six months.

Is there any chance that anybody is looking to sell an old set of brackets for saddle bags?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-23-2008, 08:46 PM   #2
Sarris

Bag Supports

Jenny, follow this link for home made saddlebag supports you can make for less than $10.

http://www.gz250bike.com/viewtopic.php?t=961

:cool:
Old 08-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
music man

First things first. You can try to fit the saddlebags on your bike without riding it. You can look at them on the bike, stuff them full of stuff on the bike, just don't ride it without the brackets. I know that doesn't help much with your 60$ bracket problem, but at least you will know if they are the right size for your bike anyways.

Second thing, where do you live where you will have to put up your bike for six months for winter. I have had my GZ since last june and I have never went more than six days without riding, much less six months. Not only that where do you live where "winter is coming" in August. hell it might be christmas before I have to break out the cold cold weather gear.

Later

Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 AM   #4
Jenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
First things first. You can try to fit the saddlebags on your bike without riding it. You can look at them on the bike, stuff them full of stuff on the bike, just don't ride it without the brackets. I know that doesn't help much with your 60$ bracket problem, but at least you will know if they are the right size for your bike anyways.

Second thing, where do you live where you will have to put up your bike for six months for winter. I have had my GZ since last june and I have never went more than six days without riding, much less six months. Not only that where do you live where "winter is coming" in August. hell it might be christmas before I have to break out the cold cold weather gear.

Later
I live in NY State. NORTHERN New York State. I'm right by the Canadian border. Last winter we had snow every 1-3 days and we rarely got less than four inches of snow every couple of days. They had to do snow removal several times from our street because the plow piles on the corners were higher than the first story of my Victorian home (which has insanely high ceilings for a Victorian, actually). There is no "keeping the bike prepared for the off-chance of being able to ride." You winterize your bike and put it away or it won't be rideable come spring.

Man, I miss living in Tucson, Arizona!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:26 AM   #5
music man

That would explain putting it up for six months. :blush:

Later