Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 07-23-2008, 06:04 AM   #1
cconleyjr

Canadians

Went out for a ride yesterday and rode around 40 miles with three guys from Canada I ran into at a gas station looking for some place to eat and hole up for the nite on their way to Florida they were nice fellows one of them was on a gz250 so if you happen to be on this site glad i could help hope you enjoy your stay in the us

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-23-2008, 06:33 AM   #2
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
I think it's awesome when you see another GZ250 rider on the streets. They may be a cheap, production bike, but they are considerably rare down here. Whenever I'm out (on my bike or not) I make it a point to talk to anyone I see that is riding one or owns one.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:38 AM   #3
Sarris

GZ's

Although they are common as dog poop in the rest of the world, I don't see a heck of a lot of them in Florida. But you can't find them used either. I wonder where they've all gone??

:??:

Old 07-23-2008, 11:44 AM   #4
trykemike

canadians

sarris gz250 or as we call them marauder 250 is not that common around here either but when I bought mine the dealer had 5 instock on his web site diff colors but 2 weeks later when I went in they were all marked sold ???????????????

I have 2 buddies with bikes 1 a suzuki 1400 and 1 a honda valkyrie. The suzuki guy has never been to the patk ( 185 km away ) the valkyrie has been up several times.

None have any negatives about my ride. They are actually surprised to see that I made it up there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:24 PM   #5
davtnn

Well there not in Tennessee.. thsy had to do a 5 state search to find me one ... according to the dealer they cant get rid of them if they do get them (that was pre $4.00 gas) now he just cannot get them period .... note he was also sold out on the Bergmans and the S 40's...heris actually turning people away for lack of stock.... (seems 70 mpg means something now)

Old 08-01-2008, 12:34 PM   #6
Gaugdog

I've had mine for a couple months now and make a point to look for them all the time. I saw one on the 4th of July in Owasso, it was an older red one. I saw another one this week at the Home Depot at 41st and Sheridan parked at the outer edge of the parking lot, it was the light blue/silverish color.

They do seem to be pretty tough to find. The only way I got mine was sheer luck. Mine was an MSF bike used in the courses.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:32 AM   #7
El Diablo

I have not seen another here in Memphis but I was talking to a fellow in line to buy Movie tickets Saturday. He saw mine and was asking how it handled. I told him great around the city but I wouldn't want to get out on the interstate around here on it. He said a GZ250 past him on the interstate a few days ago so maybe there is one around here after all.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where they went"
Will Rogers