Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #21
adrianinflorida

Re: Damage report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Update #2

Good news ...... Called into the bike shop today. Apparently my insurance company sent the photos/details to a "perito" (never heard the word before, so looked it up when I got home, & it translates to "technician") The bike shop guy phoned him while I was there (I know! - don't ask me why he didn't do it before) & he agreed that the repair costs were reasonable, so the girl's insurers have to abide by his ruling. They're ordering the parts today (or, more likely, mañana!)
so they should be here next week.

Perhaps jaime might have a more detailed translation of "perito", 'cos it sounds to me as if he's more than we understand by the word "technician"
Sounds like an insurance adjuster with bike experience to determine if hte repairs are consistent and 'in line' with the damage caused by the accident. Anyway, good deal, glad the end is in sight.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 AM   #22
alantf

Update # 2.

Finally,things are moving! When the bikeshop guy said "next week" he forgot that it would throw it into Easter week, when all the big suppliers etc. would be shut. Anyway he told me to come in last Thursday. Unfortunately, with typical Spanish efficiency, they didn't arrive,so he asked me to come in on Friday (yesterday). Much joy! they'd arrived. Called in this morning to pick the bike up, and they'd fitted a new brake lever, bar end, exhaust (muffler) & also a new mirror that wasn't on the original list. Unfortunately (again, with Spanish efficiency) they'd sent the wrong engine guard & the wrong luggage box. He's left the engine guard off the bike so that he can check for correctness when the new one arrives, so I hope the bike doesn't go over in the meantime. He says to go in next Wednesday or Thursday, but I suppose that means Friday at the earliest. Still, I'm pleased with the shiny new bits that he's fitted.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:13 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Update # 2.

Finally,things are moving! When the bikeshop guy said "next week" he forgot that it would throw it into Easter week, when all the big suppliers etc. would be shut. Anyway he told me to come in last Thursday. Unfortunately, with typical Spanish efficiency, they didn't arrive,so he asked me to come in on Friday (yesterday). Much joy! they'd arrived. Called in this morning to pick the bike up, and they'd fitted a new brake lever, bar end, exhaust (muffler) & also a new mirror that wasn't on the original list. Unfortunately (again, with Spanish efficiency) they'd sent the wrong engine guard & the wrong luggage box. He's left the engine guard off the bike so that he can check for correctness when the new one arrives, so I hope the bike doesn't go over in the meantime. He says to go in next Wednesday or Thursday, but I suppose that means Friday at the earliest. Still, I'm pleased with the shiny new bits that he's fitted.
So are you back in the saddle, or do you have to wait even longer before you can ride again? I"m glad things seem to be working out now, but it's been a long time to be off your bike.

Keith

Old 04-19-2009, 04:42 AM   #24
alantf

No, I've been riding all the time. The only thing other than cosmetic was the broken brake lever, & that was snapped off right next to the ball on the end, so I still had enough lever left to use. I was just pissed off at the early stage, with the insurers trying to wriggle out of repairing it.
The main problem over here is that everything is taken at such a leisurely pace that you've got to weave the "mañana" factor into EVERYTHING.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:03 PM   #25
alantf

Update #3

Finally got the bike fixed. Everything is sparkly & NEW.

Found out that the engine guard they sent last week was for a gz125. The difference was the two plates that hold the bottom edge to the bike frame were shorter, & at a different angle. I'd have thought they'd be the same for the 125 & the 250, but obviously not. Must be something to do with the 125 only having one exhaust down pipe.