Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > GZ250 Media

Old 05-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #11
zombine

Re: My first gz250

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
My candy ass of a 30 year vintage is highly offended by your age, ya whipper snapper.
I hope that was meant as a sarcastic joke :cool: but i really love the forum and love all the helpful tips and advice from the more experienced riders :biggrin:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-23-2013, 03:52 PM   #12
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

All we do is joke, brother.... well, that and give deeply meaningful advice and save our fellow forum members thousands of dollars in mechanic fees in the process.

This is a good place to be. We're glad to have you.

It's nice to have someone else on the forum that is this side of wheel-chair line
Old 05-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #13
Water Warrior 2

Zombine, always read the forum with a smile on your face. It makes things easier to see as a joke or friendly poking.

Advice from an "Old Guy". Take a riding course with professional trainers if you haven't done so already. Also pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough. Practic what you are taught and practice what you read. These 2 things are the best health insurance a rider can have.
You will find yourself a better safer rider and enjoy the road a lot more. Oh yeah, get some riding gear if you haven't already. I believe in ATGATT. "All The Gear All The Time" is the best. You never know when some one will try to kill you.
We try to teach you young whipper snappers so you can be an old rider eventually. Ride on and enjoy.

Old 05-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #14
alantf

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombine
it topped at 76.4mph.
Just don't try to keep that speed up for long distances. It's the perfect way to blow up a GZ250 engine. Around 65 MPH is ideal. :2tup:
Old 05-23-2013, 09:44 PM   #15
zombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Just don't try to keep that speed up for long distances. It's the perfect way to blow up a GZ250 engine. Around 65 MPH is ideal. :2tup:
ill keep that in mind :biggrin: i dont need a dead bike on my hands. Especially such a beautiful and amazing one as this

Old 05-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
zombine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Zombine, always read the forum with a smile on your face. It makes things easier to see as a joke or friendly poking.

Advice from an "Old Guy". Take a riding course with professional trainers if you haven't done so already. Also pick up a copy of Proficient Motorcycling by David Hough. Practic what you are taught and practice what you read. These 2 things are the best health insurance a rider can have.
You will find yourself a better safer rider and enjoy the road a lot more. Oh yeah, get some riding gear if you haven't already. I believe in ATGATT. "All The Gear All The Time" is the best. You never know when some one will try to kill you.
We try to teach you young whipper snappers so you can be an old rider eventually. Ride on and enjoy.
Haha yea, i figured it was just some poking fun, just hard to tell for me :tongue: but i have already passed my basic riders course and im signed up for the advanced course at the end of summer (they fill up so fast here its crazy) Ill pick that book up when i have the chance, been working alot and haven't had much free time. I have mostly leather riding gear, and i was wondering if this is good gear or should i invest in some actual riding gear (the only motorsport shop in a 30 mile radius is a harley shop and they only carry leathers here)
Old 05-23-2013, 11:33 PM   #17
Water Warrior 2

Leather is good and hopefully the elbows and shoulders have some impact protective padding.
What I used to do years ago when off road riding on a budget was pick up some elbow, knee and shin pads at a sporting goods store. Probably the grand parents of skate board equipment now. It will take a pretty fair impact when worn under a jacket and jeans. I can't count the number of times I should have suffered badly injured joints.
Wearing safety gear is up to the individual. Some do, some don't. I know from experience that actual riding gear does work in most situations. I had a pair of pants with padded hips...............didn't give them much thought till a day when I fell onto a concrete floor on my hip and didn't get hurt at all.
I can still remember the first and only time my bike and I did a backwards flip over the edge of a cliff. Oh yeah, that hurt a bunch with no padding anywhere.
Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 AM   #18
alantf

Quote:
(the only motorsport shop in a 30 mile radius is a harley shop and they only carry leathers here)
Over here, a leather jacket, in the Harley shop, costs three times what I paid for mine, just because it has a "Harley" label sewn in the neck.
Old 05-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #19
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Quote:
(the only motorsport shop in a 30 mile radius is a harley shop and they only carry leathers here)
Over here, a leather jacket, in the Harley shop, costs three times what I paid for mine, just because it has a "Harley" label sewn in the neck.
Yep same here Alan, if it says "Harley" it will cost 3 times what it is worth.
:roll:

Old 05-24-2013, 08:10 AM   #20
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Most cruiser riding gear is also just for show. I guess it kind of tarnishes the hard-core/badboy reputation if you actually have leather that was made to slide across asphault or...god forbid... you have pads or something in your gear

There are lots of good gear stores online with good prices, like (www.newengouh.com). I use Himalaya Motor Bike wear. I've used them so much at one point that I became a distributing partner and got discounts and stuff, but I haven't done that in a long time. They have mid-level gear, comparable to Joe Rocket. http://himalayaleather.com/