Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 03-01-2012, 11:23 PM   #11
blaine

Re: Stalling Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
What about the airbox? After I pulled the filter out of it I have the opening facing down toward the rear tire, that is the way I thought it was when I took it out. It only made sense.
That's fine.It would make no difference to the operation of the bike.If it is facing forward it can collect water & dirt.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #12
blaine

Here is a link to a "blow up" of the carb.This may help you.
http://www.ronayers.com/Fiche/TypeID/26 ... CARBURETOR

Old 03-01-2012, 11:31 PM   #13
PimpS

Blaine, it is terrorising to me, to see those pictures and think that i would cope with that, but then again if you check it good you see you can't go wrong if you are paying attention and doing it slowly. Great to see all those enthusiasm to help! OldSchool i hope you'll get it right soon!

Old 03-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #14
blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpS
Blaine, it is terrorising to me, to see those pictures and think that i would cope with that, but then again if you check it good you see you can't go wrong if you are paying attention and doing it slowly. Great to see all those enthusiasm to help! OldSchool i hope you'll get it right soon!
They are really not as complicated as the blow up shows.If you are taking one apart for the first time,it helps to take it apart in a large bucket,so you don't loose any small parts.The bike I have now has duel carbs,twice the fun.
:lol:

Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #15
PimpS

LOL, to me it would be Benny Hill show, i would be the short, bald guy who is nonstop tapped on his bald head by Benny...

I'm thinking of opening thread named: These are my choices of drive, where everyone would post pics of their bikes, maybe even cars, cause i see many of you guys have a lot of beautiful, customized bikes. And even your past bikes would be nice to see... Are you ok with that?

Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #16
blaine

Fine by me.
:cool:

Old 03-01-2012, 11:58 PM   #17
blaine

O.k back on track,so we can try and help "old school"
:2tup:

Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 AM   #18
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School
Today I replaced the plug, had to re-tap for it. Changed the oil. Of course in all this to make things easier I took the tank off for the spark plug. I worked out the high idle issue so I thought. Now when I start it up it seems to idle at a more normal rpm, still a little higher but much better. The issue I am having now is that it runs good even under a revved condition it will stall shortly after starting it. I had it out the other day and did 90 mile on it with no problems. Now I do some routine maint and I get this. I have searched other stalling threads and the only thing I can figure is that I have a vacuum issue that is keeping it from getting consistent fuel???? In the process of all this I checked the air filter and it looks good. I also opened up the carb and it looks clean and the throttle area responds correctly and the plunger moves freely. I am at a loss. I put the new plug in gapped at factory. NGK. Oil level is measuring correctly. Thanks and I hope I can get some help with this. I am starting to wish I had done nothing but just ride it w/o maint.
Sounds like you have some dirt/rust sediment that has made it's way from your tank to inside your carb. When you say "you worked the high idle issue" please explain in more detail. Did you have a high idle prior ? How exactly did you (or not) correct the hight idle ? Most newer mc owners when faced with intermittent running issues replace the spark plug, yet a bad spark plug is rarely the culprit. As for your carb hoses, the larger dia hose is the fuel feed coming from the tank it attatches to the carb nipple on the LH side of the carb body. There is a second hose in the shape of an "L' that has 2 different id diameters at each end. This hose is the vaccum feed for the fuel valve (petcock) . This hose goes from the RH side of the carb to the fuel valve. There is also a long thin hose that goes from the bottom of the carb to "nowhere" this is the bowl drain hose. Here's an excellent tip, in the future when dissasembling unfamiliar components, take several digital pics BEFORE you dissasemble. So at a later time when you are re-assembling the components and you can't remember which hose goes where etc.., you have a handy accurate pic to help you get things right. I've been wrenching for the past 30 years, and I still take pics ! :2tup:
2001 KX500
2007 YZ450F
2001 GZ250 (Wife's !)
Old 03-02-2012, 06:52 AM   #19
alantf

And I've got an extra vacuum hose going to the petcock vacuum hose. It comes from the crankcase ventilator which is fitted to European models.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:08 AM   #20
blaine

Quote:Today I replaced the plug, had to re-tap for it:

Just to bring everyone up to speed ,I gave him a worse case senareo on his problem.In his original post,he stated that he had cross threaded the plug & had to retap the threads.Now his problem is a grinding noise that gets worse as the bike gets warm until it stalls.He leaves it for 20 mins,and she starts again.He has already drained the oil & no sign of any metal shavings.
:cool: