Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 08-17-2010, 09:32 AM   #11
bonehead

Re: tire mounting cost??

For the price of mounting two tires you can get the tire irons and do the change yourself. I paid 15.99 ea for two irons.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-18-2010, 05:45 AM   #12
Water Warrior 2

I take my wheels off the bike and head to a local dealer. He mounts and balances each for 50 bucks a piece. He has the experience, knowledge and a decent shop. I have none of the above so for me it works well. Expensive.............sort of but I value my sanity and won't fight with tires to save a few bucks and then finally screw something up in the end anyway.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 AM   #13
nhcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
[Here are some ballpark figures from Motorcycle Superstore:

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/81 ... aller.aspx
That's a great site, a great help, for local shops that you may not be aware of. And good if you are traveling and need help.[/quote]

I actually got the tires from there. didnt see that search they had on their site, thats cool.

Old 08-18-2010, 06:21 PM   #14
emory70

one of the dealerships here installs tires purchased at the dealership for free. haven't seen what they want for tires yet though
Old 08-19-2010, 04:19 AM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Just be glad you do not live in the GWN. The prices here are insane on some items. My first replacement tires for the Vstrom were $450 installed at the dealer here. My recent replacements were shipped to a pick-up depot just South of the border and I drove down to pick them up. Local dealer installed and balanced them, all new axle bearings(5 of them)installed and I still saved $100 after factoring in Cheap U.S. gas for the trip.
I was quite upfront with the local dealer(Yamaha) and told him he could never compete with the U.S. price. He agreed with that. However he did get the bearings and extra labor to compensate a bit. I won't try to feed him a line of B.S. about parts and such, he appreciates the honesty.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #16
nhcop

The new tires were on my front porch yesterday when I got home from work. Only took 3 days to get here form Motorcycle Superstore.com and the shipping was free!!! I borrowed a motorcycle jack from a friend and pull off the wheels and brought them to a local KTM dealer this afternoon. (the closest Suzuki dealer is over an hour a way). $30 a tire to mount and balance. They will be ready for pick-up in the morning.