Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 07-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #11
davtnn

I have this urge to paint the rear springs red.... Seems Suzuki is exporting a more substantial bike there than here ... BUT I still love my GZ ... (but i would trade for that one )

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 07-21-2008, 02:13 PM   #12
primal

Send a message via AIM to primal
You gotta wonder why a company decides not to sell such a nice looking bike in such a large market as we have here in the US...
Old 07-21-2008, 04:11 PM   #13
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

The US market is just now starting to realize the benefits of small displacement engnies.
The reason that they have been so big for so long in the EU is because of high gas prices and the fact that learner motorcycle riders are limited to around 30 hp on their first motorcycle. So, the 250cc bikes are quite common over there and the selection is greater. Unlike here, where 250cc bikes are considered "not manly".

Old 07-21-2008, 04:13 PM   #14
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Re: Greetings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Greetings and welcome to the forum brother.

Any chance you could give us the part number for those mag wheels? I wonder if they would fit an American spec GZ. I'd love to ditch the spokes.

:2tup:
I wonder what it would cost to upgrade all the GZ plastic and tank with the GS plastic and tank. Also, those looked like performance shocks. If these frames really are the same, the GS shocks should fit our bike....

hmmm.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:28 PM   #15
finallyinthesaddle

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq

I wonder what it would cost to upgrade all the GZ plastic and tank with the GS plastic and tank. Also, those looked like performance shocks. If these frames really are the same, the GS shocks should fit our bike....

hmmm.

Easy, Jonathan... you're scaring me.... this feels like it's headed down a road that is somewhere between Frakenstein and Transformers. :lol:

Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #16
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by finallyinthesaddle
Quote:

hmmm.

Easy, Jonathan... you're scaring me.... this feels like it's headed down a road that is somewhere between Frakenstein and Transformers. :lol:
Which would make it AWESOME!
Old 07-21-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
Orpheus

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarris
Greetings and welcome to the forum brother.

Any chance you could give us the part number for those mag wheels? I wonder if they would fit an American spec GZ. I'd love to ditch the spokes.

:2tup:

hmmm.
What's going on with those shocks anyway? Aren't those the reservoir-type of shocks you usually find on dirt bikes? Be kind of a waste on a small street bike, unless you went over rough terrain fairly often.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:52 PM   #18
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

I've been looking over some of the photos of the GS250 on www.bikepics.com and it looks like a lot the owners take these things of little off road adventures. In that case, they would probably come in handy.

For what it's worth, the frames are not the same. The swing-arm, rear and top of the frame are different. The only things that are similar are the engine mounts, which make sense since they share the same engine, and the lower section are the same.

What can we carry over from the GS250, it looks like the only thing worth shopping for would the be GS250 centerstand, which you would have to order from overseas, and the big brake kit. Again, it would need to come from overseas.

Take care,
Jonathan
Old 07-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #19
Easy Rider

Quote:
..........somewhere between Frakenstein and Transformers. :lol:
Frankenstein's Suzuki.......guess he's got you figured out pretty good, eh Jonathan !! :oops: :neener:
Old 07-21-2008, 09:48 PM   #20
dart1202

Send a message via Yahoo to dart1202

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Rider
Quote:
..........somewhere between Frakenstein and Transformers. :lol:
Frankenstein's Suzuki.......guess he's got you figured out pretty good, eh Jonathan !! :oops: :neener:

I have looked for reference about this GS250 in the reality sent from Japan CBU for Indonesia only, see its growth GZ250 and GS250 differs only construct and there is kick starter.. hopefully this difference makes us tighter and can exchange experience

i think GZ250 very comfort to ride.. :2tup: