Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

View Poll Results: First or second patch?
First Patch 0 0%
Second Patch 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2012, 01:26 AM   #1
Bouncer

Vest Patches, opinions?

I just wanted to customize my vest since i wear it all the time and is now practically part of me; figured why not add something unique to it.
I just wanted to drop by and see what are your thoughts are on my top option so far for the main back patch:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HOODED-GRIM-R ... 1166wt_906
and my runner up:
http://shop.embro-patches.com/embroider ... .tpl&pop=0

I picked these two because they simply caught my eye and made me say (damn i want that) haha

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-28-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
mole2

Re: Vest Patches, opinions?

Are you looking for the "Reaper" to come into your life? I liked one at the rally here that was bright green and said "Can you see me now?".

Old 09-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Not a good plan in my books. You may like the patch for it's artistic value/talent but there are still some folks who will see you as a motorcycle gang member. You never want that.

Old 09-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #4
blaine

I'm a member in a MC & I agree with WW,not a good plan.Some people will get the wrong idea.
:cool:

Old 09-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #5
northsidegz

Really? People will think you're in a gang? Yikes! I voted #1, but I vote for safety first!

FWIW Bouncer, my patches (on left arm) are all Christian rock band names. Stryper, P.O.D., Project86. And on my right arm is the famous, "Loud Pipes May Save Lives, But Jesus Christ Saves Souls"

Have considered buying a large cross for the back, but the seamstress says it'll interfere with my spine pad and I don't want to mess around with those.

So far, haven't been mistaken for being in a gang. At least, not to my knowledge. But I suppose those patches are pretty tame compared to the grim reaper. LOL.

Old 09-28-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

A few years ago I and a few other regulars at the local coffee pit made a mistake about an apparent gang. 5 or 6 riders on loud H-D's showed up. Tattoos, leathers, chains, the whole 9 yards. All had patches sewn on their backs. They all looked like they could give Rambo a fair scrap in a one on one battle. Everyone politely ignored them. Curiousity got me. Had to see the patches. Each rider was sporting a Cross, a circled needle with a line through it. A bottle with the same treatment. A joint with a line through it. Been there done that and they weren't going back. Appearances can be deceiving until you really look closely.
I had a similar situation with my Stromtrooper T-shirts. Most non-riding folks will read it as Stormtroopers, then get a funny look on their face. I just ask them to read it again correctly. I say I ride a Suzuki Vstrom. Stromtroopers is the forum I belong to. Next question. What does Vstrom mean? Hmm, this leads in a circle. Vstrom is a German word that translates to wind or flow. Next question. Why a German word for a Japanese bike. Answer: the German branch of Suzuki had a great deal to do with the design and naming of the bike. Nuff said.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
northsidegz

Haha. That's a funny story on the Stromtroopers.

About a month ago I was driving (in a minivan) my two oldest daughters on the freeway (coincidentally we were on our way to a motorcycle shop for me to shop for a textile summer jacket) when 3 really loud (and quite frankly, very intimidating) bikes pulled up behind me. They eventually cut off the folks in the right hand lane (yes, "cut off" is the appropriate word) in order to pass me and the car in front of me. Realizing their intent, I slowed down so they could zig zag some more (which they did).

I'll never forget one bike because one guy had a these huge ape hangers that had to have been 12 inches above his head. It looked really uncomfortable, but I suppose it did show off his huge shoulders and pecs just fine (think Vin Diesel -- shaved head and all).

But anyway, the point of my story is that 2 of 3 bikers had biblical references and crosses on their backs (the Vin Diesel wannabe was only wearing a white tank top). I was definitely not expecting to see the biblical references. Not sure if that effective witnessing, or not. But, it is what it is I suppose.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Appearances can be deceiving in many cases. It's been a couple years now but I used to talk to an old grisly looking guy riding a loud clap trap H-D. At first I wasn't sure about starting a conversation due to his appearance. My bad. As it turns out he was a very humorous old Frenchman with great tales of the road. I do miss his delightful company.