Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 09-18-2012, 01:20 PM   #11
Fausto

Re: Fuel Cock Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
The petcock for the 125 and the 250 are the same, aren't they?

I know it's the same fuel tank. Should be the same petcock. Is the 125 easier to get a hold of?

Either way, since you say the petcock is flowing properly, then it's not your problem.
Check for vacuum leaks in the hoses that run from the back of the carb into their little ports. Also check the "S" hose that runs from the crank case to the air box. Finally, make sure you have a good clean carb. And if none of that works, maybe check your valve adjustment.

Is the bike hard to start when it's cold?
Is that 'S' also a vacume hose? I have a problem with my bike too, in the Run positions it dies out after a few min of running, I move it over to prime and it starts up again. I check the hose that goes from the petcock to the carb and it is fine. I am at a loss right now. Close to dishing out some doe and taking it to a shop. Thank you

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-18-2012, 01:34 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto
Quote:

I know it's the same fuel tank. Should be the same petcock. Is the 125 easier to get a hold of?

Either way, since you say the petcock is flowing properly, then it's not your problem.
Check for vacuum leaks in the hoses that run from the back of the carb into their little ports. Also check the "S" hose that runs from the crank case to the air box. Finally, make sure you have a good clean carb. And if none of that works, maybe check your valve adjustment.

Is that 'S' also a vacume hose? I have a problem with my bike too, in the Run positions it dies out after a few min of running, I move it over to prime and it starts up again. I check the hose that goes from the petcock to the carb and it is fine. I am at a loss right now. Close to dishing out some doe and taking it to a shop. Thank you
Sounds like the vacuum line to your fuel petcock is porous or collapsing. Any auto parts store will have a new vacuum hose. Just take in the old hose as a sample.
The "S" hose is a crankcase ventilation hose and is likely a vacuum hose too. I doubt that it is the problem. Try the new petcock vacuum hose first.
Old 09-18-2012, 02:10 PM   #13
Fausto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fausto
Quote:

Sounds like the vacuum line to your fuel petcock is porous or collapsing. Any auto parts store will have a new vacuum hose. Just take in the old hose as a sample.
The "S" hose is a crankcase ventilation hose and is likely a vacuum hose too. I doubt that it is the problem. Try the new petcock vacuum hose first.
I will. I already have it removed. I did notice that one end of the hose is larger then the rest of the hose. Thanks Water Warrior.

Login or Register to Remove Ads