Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 11-11-2011, 12:19 AM   #31
mole2

Re: chaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gz Rider
Quote:
Originally Posted by mole2
Thank you. They don't manufacture that model any more and the new ones don't look the same to me...plus they're $105+. I now see others so I'll see what I can get.
Thank you for the update. I was not aware of that. Can you post me a link to their current ones so that I can see them?
Here ya go....these are the new ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Icon-Field-Armor- ... B004LWYEBY

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 11-11-2011, 01:02 AM   #32
Gz Rider

Old 11-11-2011, 07:36 AM   #33
Water Warrior 2

GZ rider. Velcro wears out but here is an idea that "Might" work for you. The Velcro wore out on my boots so I had a shoe repair shop put on a couple round button snaps on each boot. So far they work great and didn't cost a whole lot compared to new Velcro or new boots. I just showed him where the boot velcroed into the usual position and went for coffee.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:57 AM   #34
Gz Rider

Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 PM   #35
Water Warrior 2

[quote=Gz Rider]
Quote:
Originally Posted by "Water Warrior":atvnrw85
GZ rider. Velcro wears out but here is an idea that "Might" work for you. The Velcro wore out on my boots so I had a shoe repair shop put on a couple round button snaps on each boot. So far they work great and didn't cost a whole lot compared to new Velcro or new boots. I just showed him where the boot velcroed into the usual position and went for coffee.
Thanks for the idea. I had considered sewing new velcro on to it at some point as I'm pretty good with a sewing machine (which some would say the GZ sounds like). Probably I would just buy the new ones as the knee gets scuffed up over time anyway.[/quote:atvnrw85]
Scuffing is good. Tells folks you actually wear the gear to prevent scuffing on your human parts. That is the best advertisement for ATGATT.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:49 PM   #36
greatmaul

43 here and new to riding. I actually bought some chaps but haven't really wanting to wear them. It's just that, I live kind of close to San Francisco, and, while there's nothing wrong with it, it's just that chaps around here have sort of an association with "leather bars" and a certain sort of lifestyle.

I totally love those shin guards, though! I have some motocross shin/knee guards I picked up at CycleGear for about $30. They look like moto-x shin guards.