Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 10-21-2011, 09:52 PM   #11
5th_bike

Re: Hi All... new rider in philly suburbs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkgz250
what kind of jacket/pants you would suggest? Do they come with armor or need to buy that separately.

Thanks.
Welcome to the forum !! :2tup:

I recently got a Mossi leather jacket from sportsmansguide, their MC clothing selection is never that big but if they have a deal it's usually quite good.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-22-2011, 11:38 AM   #12
mole2

Welcome to the forum from South Carolina. If you haven't already I'd recommend you take the MSF BRC (Motorcycle Safety Foundation Bais Rider Course). It's the best investment in your safety you can make. Ride safe.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
tatty06gz

:rawk:

"When life passes you by, DOWNSHIFT!!"

Old 10-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #14
Water Warrior 2

Your chain will look better longer by using DuPont with Teflon to lube it. Works well and is cheaper than most chain lubes. Big box hardware and home centers usually carry the stuff.
Old 10-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
Gz Rider

Old 10-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #16
Water Warrior 2

Yup, ATGATT. One of the coffee crowd had an oops last year while showing off riding his Busa'. A T-shirt and jeans kinda guy. No gloves and sneakers were his choice of the day. At least the law forced him to wear a helmet. At 80+ MPH on one wheel he lost control and came down really hard. After a 6 month hospital stay he still only has the use of one hand/arm and will never play his guitar or piano again. No riding either. Jeans last 3 seconds or 3 feet when sliding, he slide and bounced a lot further with a lot of road rash and blood letting. Some metal where bone used to be in his body. I really have no sympathy for him as he was the captain of his own ship. As for the folks riding with him, they have a lasting memory of the stupid fool.
At least he didn't take anyone down with him.
Old 10-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #17
Gz Rider

Old 10-23-2011, 09:24 PM   #18
rkgz250

Thanks guys. I bought the Atomic 3 jacket - feel good about this. Wouldn't have found about this without your help.

Also bought FirstGear Mesh Tex 2.0 Pants and Scorpion EXO-700 Helmet. - Will see how this buy turns out.

I guess, I will buy gloves from a local store.
Old 10-23-2011, 10:37 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkgz250
Thanks guys. I bought the Atomic 3 jacket - feel good about this. Wouldn't have found about this without your help.

Also bought FirstGear Mesh Tex 2.0 Pants and Scorpion EXO-700 Helmet. - Will see how this buy turns out.

I guess, I will buy gloves from a local store.
Good choice with pants. The padding in the hip area is a fine idea for added protection even in a low impact fall. I might suggest upgrading the knee armor though. The foam in the knee area is just so-so.
Also you can have the mating zipper for the pants sewn to the back of your riding jacket so they will zip together. The JR zip is 8 inches and the other for the pants looks longer. I like being able to zip them together. Less chance of the jacket riding up your back if you are in a slide.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:27 PM   #20
lenkf

Welcome here from SoCal. Risk management is the name of the game on anything with less than 4 wheels (especially your health insurance). Your life and possibly family may depend on you So if you ride a motorcycle and have family that depends on you, you have maximum responsibility to take care of yourself. Unlike a car (cage with airbags), it hurts seriously to crash on a motorcycle (not that I know from personal experience on a motor-driven cycle but have experience on human powered cycle). Do the best you can afford $$ to protect yourself. EG, I added chest body armor after heart surgery after I was "allowed" to ride a motorcycle again