Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 09-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
clonak

Front right indicator stays on

Hi, I have been browsing around the forums for a few weeks now, pretty good stuff.

I brought a 1998 suzuki 'marauder' gz250 few weeks ago, had to stored at my mums untill I could get it home, just picked it up today and rode it home, awesome bike, although its a little jerky I think its due to old fuel, I will be giving it a full service soon as I dont think its had anything done to it for awhile.

For some reason, the right hand front indicator is staying on. Its not flashing, just solid. I thought it might just be a temp thing but it hasnt gone, I was wondering if it maybe a relay ? its just the one indicator, the rear one doesnt do it, just the front right. When I turn the indicator on, it flashes, then when I turn it off it stays solid.

All in all its a pretty good bike, alot more confortable then my old RGV150. She was awesome down the motorway, pulled really nice. Sat at 100kph the whole way no trouble.

Thanks,

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 09-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #2
alantf

Re: Front right indicator stays on

Do you have any laws in NZ about showing amber lights to the front? The American bikes have this peculiar double filament bulb in the front indicators, so that they're on all the time. If so, then it may be that the left one should also be lit all the time, & the bulb's blown. Can you check if the bulb is single or double filament? Once we know that, we can start helping you. :2tup:
Old 09-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
clonak

Hmm, wiered, you are right. Its a double filliment light, and the left is blown.
This is the first time iv seen this on a bike here, and as far as I am aware they are not required but I suppose its there so might as well fix it.

Thank mate, should have just taken the cap off in the first place would have worked it out.

Old 09-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #4
blaine

Welcome to the forum.Your front signals staying on as running lights makes you that much more visible to oncoming traffic.
:cool:

Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 AM   #5
alantf

Just one more question. Is the logo, on either side of the tank, the big 3D "Marauder" logo, or the flat Suzuki "S"? If it's the flat "S", then it's definitely an American bike. The big "Marauder" logo is on the European/Canadian bikes, & the carb is set up richer than the American bikes, but I believe the Canadian version has the double filament lights.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:34 AM   #6
clonak

Its got the Marauder logo. Itsa import not NZ New so probably why its got double filament.

Next step, servicing. Should be fun.

Thanks for all your help.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 AM   #7
alantf

Yup........ Just checked the manual. You've definitely got a Canadian Bike. Another thing I've just noticed, The European bike has 10w bulbs in the rear indicators while the Canadian version has 21w. The front indicators on your bike should be 21/5w, while mine (European spec) has 10w.