Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
ybarsabal

New Cruiser in Houston, TX

Hi y'all,

I just traded in an '06 SV650 for a '07 GZ250! Crazy? I miss the power, but the ride is more fun - I just want to cruise. I look forward to the cruiser culture!

-Marc

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
RonWhitm

Welcome to the group. You will find a lot of good information and help here. I don't think there are many GZ's in our neck of the woods. If you make it down to Galveston, look me up.
FSSNOC #4914
2005 GZ250
2004 Tomos LX
Old 04-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Re: New Cruiser in Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ybarsabal
Hi y'all,

I just traded in an '06 SV650 for a '07 GZ250! Crazy? I miss the power, but the ride is more fun - I just want to cruise. I look forward to the cruiser culture!

-Marc
Welcome to the forum. You are not very crazy at all. The GZ is a great little bike with a proved record just like the Sv650. Very reliable and not fussy where it goes as long as you take care of it. It certainly won't stretch your arms under acceleration but it was never designed to do that. Lynda will be riding her GZ half way across Canada and back in June. I have no doubt the bike will perform like a champion the whole distance.

Old 04-23-2008, 12:13 AM   #4
badfun

Send a message via AIM to badfun
sup doode and welcome to duh forums!
Old 04-27-2008, 04:20 PM   #5
ybarsabal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Welcome to the forum. You are not very crazy at all. The GZ is a great little bike with a proved record just like the Sv650. Very reliable and not fussy where it goes as long as you take care of it. It certainly won't stretch your arms under acceleration but it was never designed to do that. Lynda will be riding her GZ half way across Canada and back in June. I have no doubt the bike will perform like a champion the whole distance.
I had thought it wouldn't be feasible to tour on the gz250. I took my sv650 to grand canyon, round trip around 3700 miles, but I can't imagine going on highways that are 80mph speed limit on the gz. Maybe you guys know something I don't.

Old 04-27-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
Easy Rider

Quote:
but I can't imagine going on highways that are 80mph speed limit on the gz. Maybe you guys know something I don't.
Stay off the Interstates. No problem.

All the "old" roads are still there and most are in quite good condition, since they don't get much traffic now.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
I had thought it wouldn't be feasible to tour on the gz250. I took my sv650 to grand canyon, round trip around 3700 miles, but I can't imagine going on highways that are 80mph speed limit on the gz. Maybe you guys know something I don't.
Never fear, we won't be cruising that fast. 60/65 MPH will be the max speed. A lot of the roads here have a limit of 55 due to the mountains. Once we hit the prairies things pick up a bit but we are out to do a little rubber necking and pic taking. Our schedule is planned for a more relaxed ride without having to push the limits of the bike or ourselves. The bad part of the prairies is the boredom factor of watching nothing different for long periods of time. A few years ago while caging across the prairies I was hoping to have a flat tire just to brighten the day.