Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 04-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #11
Water Warrior 2

Re: New seat coming

Still waiting and the weather is actually nice for riding. Bah Humbug.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-02-2011, 09:46 PM   #12
Water Warrior 2

Finally my seat arrived at the Post Office. Just finished putting it on the Vstrom. Looks a lot classier than the stocker. Had a bit of a challenge because Corbin has a different set-up for the front of the seat to anchor to the bike. Also had a question answered when I got the seat on. It was able to slide in between the posts for my drivers backrest. Feels not too bad in sweats and sneakers but the real story comes with all the gear and a road test. Got a feeling I might be on tippy toes but we will see after the bike is off the center stand.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:46 AM   #13
BillInGA

Congratulations, WW! I know you've been waiting for some time now.

It definitely looks to be of higher quality construction. Hope you get a chance to test it out soon.

Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 AM   #14
burkbuilds

Glad this finally arrived for you. Now we want a ride report and pictures of it on the bike. :2tup:
Old 05-03-2011, 02:13 PM   #15
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by burkbuilds
Glad this finally arrived for you. Now we want a ride report and pictures of it on the bike. :2tup:
That will happen later today if all my errands and shopping gets done. Seems to take far too long to do daily things compared to when I was still working. I seem to have forgotten how to get things accomplished in a set time. Hmm, maybe that is a good thing. :lol: :lol:

Old 05-03-2011, 08:47 PM   #16
Water Warrior 2

So I said to heck with the errands and shopping. Thought I would take the camera and do a Tagorama and show off the seat at the same time. So here is my story. Forgot the camera and tried to get out of the gated parking area. B88stard would not open. So park the bike go upstairs to get another opener for the gate and cross my fingers. Upstairs and where the heck is my bike key ? Should be in my gloved hand. Now the search is on for a key and I have forgotten the camers that would be picked up with the other opener. Found said key, still forgot camera but did get opener that works. On the road to a pic site of a barn until I remember the camera is at home. No pic but a really nice ride with the new seat.
Corbin seats need a break-in period. How about that !! Hard as a rock even with a sheep skin but 3000% better than sitting lengthways on a fence rail like I have lived with for too long. The seat is actually lower than stock, wider overall and there are no pressure points so far. So yes I am a happy camper at this point of the break-in period. Took these pics at home after the ride with the sheep skin removed.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #17
mrlmd1

Looks good and looks comfy.
Better even yet that it's lower than your other seat so you can flat foot the bike.
Question - before you put it on your bike to see if it would fit OK. did you sit on it when you got it out of the box to see how it fit your butt? :tongue: :roll:
Old 05-04-2011, 03:04 PM   #18
alantf

Looking at the bottom picture - what's that little red thingy at the front of the seat? :??:
Old 05-04-2011, 04:55 PM   #19
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
Looks good and looks comfy.
Better even yet that it's lower than your other seat so you can flat foot the bike.
Question - before you put it on your bike to see if it would fit OK. did you sit on it when you got it out of the box to see how it fit your butt? :tongue: :roll:
No I didn't. I decided to wrestle with it to see if it fit the bike first. After my first ride yesterday I can still flat foot it with a slightly wider front on the seat due to being a bit lower. Did I say I really liked it ??.....................After I log off there will be some comfy riding to do. Vroom Vroom. :2tup:
Old 05-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #20
Water Warrior 2

Alatf, the little red thingy is the power connector for heated gear. Full sleeve jacket liner with heated collar, heated pants liner and real heated boot insoles. 3 power levels.......... warm, really warm and bake till dead. Everything connects to each other so there is only one heat controller and wire. Sure I am a wimp but I really hate being cold when I can push a button and be comfy when the temp drops more than expected.