Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
Fish Baseball

Miss the Input.....

Well Guys its been grand but I'm thinking due to teh recent developments on this board that my time is done. I respect many of you out there, but I have serious issue with the way that Easy Rider was treated. I accept that many people found him hard to get along with, and that his attitude to some "noob" questions usually where somewhat on the harsh side, but the simple fact remains that we have lost a very good resource of information and experience, and it was dealt with in such a way to leave a very bad taste in this bikers mouth. To put it simply, Easy IMHO only had good intentions, and tried to stop people making very stupid mistakes. I'll be the first to admit that his remarks at times could be considered hurtful and insulting, but I don't think that he intended them to be this way, its just the man he is.

So thanks for all the help and advice to this point, but the politics that this board endulges in is far beyond what I signed on for.

Cheers and keep it upright guys.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM   #2
alantf

Re: Miss the Input.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Baseball
I'll be the first to admit that his remarks at times could be considered hurtful and insulting
And I'll be the second!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was one of the newbies he tried to belittle & humiliate. Luckily I have a somewhat thicker skin than to let him run me off, LIKE HE'S DONE TO SO MANY NEWBIES. :yes:
Old 02-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #3
mrlmd1

There are many others on this forum who also have lots of knowledge and experience and do not have the "harshness" or abrasive and abusive and condescending attitude that he displayed. He was asked innumerable times, and warned a few times about that sort of behavior, and on other forums also, and could not or would not change. That leaves a bad taste in many member's mouths and "being just the man he is" is no excuse for that behavior when so many members find it objectionable. While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, mine differs in that I find this to be a much more relaxed and friendly place, and still the knowledgeable advice flows freely with good will towards all.
We will be sorry to see you go too.

Old 02-28-2011, 04:00 PM   #4
JWR

Cheers and bye...

PS: Don't forget to get your refund.

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 PM   #5
alanmcorcoran

Bear in mind Fish, that the board requires significant time and money to be provided, free of charge to the members. I didn't lead the charge to "ban" Easy, but:

1) many threads quickly degenerated into pointless pissing contests that Easy was one half of.
2) many potential new members were driven away or turned off by the constant nit-picky contentiousness that dominated the threads.

I stayed away myself here and there because I was tired of wading through a lot of the dreck. Since he's gone we *seem* to have more new members and a greater variety of content and fewer pissing contests.

I don't rely on the site for mechanical advice though, purely for entertainment, so my perspective might not be valid.

Old 03-01-2011, 12:09 AM   #6
Dupo

Send a message via MSN to Dupo

It's not about him stopping people from making mistakes, its about him trying to tell people what to do if he did not agree with them. He was set in his ways and if you did not do as he did then you were verbally reprimanded, called names, degraded..... need i go on?

If you think that is acceptable behavior in any situation, then i suggest you not let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

I dealt with his bullshit since I opened this forum. I dealt with his bullshit on another shadow forum, where he tried telling them they were irresponsible assholes for riding with loud pipes (to which he was banned there as well). I will not be told by anyone what i do with my bike. Be it the paint job, wheels, tires i use, what gear i wear or how loud my pipes are .... its MY ride, MY decision and not there for you to degrade or verbally attack me over because you are too fucking close minded to let anyone make their own decisions on personal tastes.

EasyRider was an old, miserable, close minded little man who had no social skills whatsoever or common courtesy towards his fellow board members. Good riddance to him!!!

I'm sorry you feel bad for him. I'm also sorry that you, in some weird way, agree with his tactics and executions of his mindless rants. So, good luck on the other GZ boar..... oh wait, thats right. There ISN'T another GZ board. So I'll just give you a 'good luck' instead.

Photography Gallery *updated url - new site!
Motorcycle Blog
Facebook
Old 03-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #7
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlmd1
, mine differs in that I find this to be a much more relaxed and friendly place, and still the knowledgeable advice flows freely with good will towards all.

I thought I was the only one that had noticed. But no seriously, its not just that this board changed a little when he got banned, it changed A LOT. Think real hard about just how many arguments and "pissing contests" or just flat out verbal assaults on someone for no apparent reason there have been on here since he got banned, I personally can't name ONE. When is the last time this board went that long without something like that happening, my guess would be never considering Easy was on this board for most of its existence.

And I have seen plenty of helpful posts on here since then, and not one of the people that came on here asking for help, needing to be verbally assaulted to get the advice they needed. If you can't see that treating people like that, whether you know better then they do or not, is completely unnecessary, and just down right mean and hateful, and in no way is done with good intentions, then I can see why you would want to leave this place.

I am with Dupo, if you can't see that this board is a better place without Easy Rider, then you don't belong here. Its not like Easy said one simple thing wrong and got booted, if that were the case most of us wouldn't be on here. Its that no matter how many times he was told, or hell sometimes almost begged to stop his ranting and pointless verbal attacks on people just for not agreeing with him, he just simply refused, then in the ultimate act of ignorance on his part (and fittingly his last post) he called out the ADMIN.

So I don't feel sorry for him one bit, he was quite simply an A@#HOLE and deserved what happened to him. I hope you don't go because of that.

Don't leave because your sad that one A@#hole got booted, stay because of all the new cool people that have been added BECAUSE he got booted.