Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 12-06-2007, 09:33 PM   #1
Tracey

New member/ new rider in Tennessee

:roll:
Hello! I a new rider who lives close to Gatlinburg TN. I will be picking up my 006 GZ250 on Saturday from the dealership.
I recently passed the MSF course and I enjoyed riding the GZ250 while I took that class. The actual bike that I am buying is from the same MSF course I took. The dealership is selling the bike to me as new with a year warranty. The ride home will be the first actual long ride I have ever done. My husband has an old Kawasaki LTD 550 that I have been practicing on in the subdivision above my house. I may have about 3-4 actual riding hours. Don't worry, he will be behind me driving my car so if I get scared or nervous we will switch. I hope to have good news later about my first "real" ride. Hope to talk to you all about my experience real soon!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 12-07-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

Enjoy the ride and welcome aboard.
Old 12-07-2007, 02:58 PM   #3
Water Warrior 2

Welcome Tracey, congrats to you on completing the riding course and getting a GZ. The SO(Happy Hobo on this forum) also has an 06 GZ. Great first bike that does everything very well. Was down in Tenn. last June with a group of Vstrom riders and did the Dragon on a rented KLR 650. You have a beautiful state with some great roads. Ride Safe.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:22 PM   #4
Tracey

Home at last.

Thanks for the welcome. I wanted to give you all an update. I have picked up my bike today and rode it home. I know that to most a ride of 20- 30 miles is a small feat, but being that I have only ridden in a subdivision for a few hours I think I done pretty good. It was also raining almost the whole time. Yeh, it wasn't suppose to rain today, it was suppose to be around 60 degrees and sunny. Even though it was cold and wet I still really enjoyed it. That little bike is fun. I am ready to have a sunny day to see how much more fun it can be. I am including a pic of me and my husband. This is just a pic of us in our driveway after the ride. He thought it would be funny if he got on the back of the bike. Enjoy!

Old 12-08-2007, 11:22 PM   #5
5th_bike

You lucky girl, when I took the MSF course in Maryland and asked when they would sell the GZ250s they use there, they told me they don't sell them, they use them or scrap them.

But I fould one anyway, a 2005 from someone who didn't use it (35 miles) I made more than 700 miles in 2½ months now.
Take care and keep those wheels on the down side !