Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 PM   #21
5th_bike

Re: Talk about obscenity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziQ07
As a teacher myself...I'm greatly offended
You maybe shouldn't be, as my post was about a bad teacher. Please brush up on your reading skills. Maybe it's that English is not my native language and there is some misunderstanding - in no way I intended to offend any good teachers.

Thank you though, for confirming the typical 'holier-than-thou' attitude of the US public school teacher.

One correction, I didn't "go to her to complain" (it was a long time ago) - I just wanted to help her - at the end of the parent-teacher-conference, when they want you to come to the school to talk about your kid, I mentioned that there was something wrong with one of her math assignments of a couple weeks ago.
She took it very personally and changed into a fire spitting dragon. Maybe she has stock in that educational company that produces the assignments. No way there could be anything wrong with her materials.

The real victim was my poor little daughter, who couldn't grasp why her A's all turned into C's now. My fault, obviously.

My point was, because of the union system we can't get rid of bad teachers. And that is offensive, because... :??:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-08-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
emory70

Re: Talk about obscenity!

as for stern, he wasn't the first shock jock. i don't know who was, but we had the greaseman here in jacksonville in 1975 or so. what stern does have is business savvy.