Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General Motorcycle-Related > Ride Reports & Meets

Old 05-25-2010, 05:09 PM   #1
burkbuilds

Lunch at the "Big Chicken" in Marietta

Well I finally got to meet up with Easy Rider today for lunch. He was driving down from Ill. to Atlanta and we met up at the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Highway 41 for lunch. The "Big Chicken" has been a landmark around here since the early 60's. The outside looks like a giant boxy chicken with a beak that opens and closes and the eye rolls around. It's the only fast food chain restaurant I've been in that sells souvenirs of itself inside. Several big display cases with memorabilia from the past are in the main lobby. I digress.
We had a nice lunch and it was good to finally put a face to the "handle". It might not have worked out except that Easy had a front tire go bad and he had to stop in Kennesaw this morning to get it replaced, which put him through Marietta at about noon, so it was a good time to stop for a bite to eat. Nice meeting you Easy Rider, hope the rest of your trip is without further tire problems. By the way, that Honda Shadow 600 of yours is a beautiful bike, that paint job is awesome and you've really got all the chrome shinning like new. :2tup:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-25-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
music man

Re: Lunch at the "Big Chicken" in Marietta

You do realize that the last person on this site to meet up with Easy Rider was never heard from on this site again after that don't you? You could be next. :twisted: :twisted: :skull:
Old 05-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #3
burkbuilds

Easy and I actually discussed that issue over lunch, LOL. It seems I have survived to ride another day.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Poor Easy, he gets in a pickle no matter what he does or wherever he goes. :lol:
Old 05-25-2010, 10:25 PM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Did you get a picture together? I've always kind of considered him a corporeal entity that doesn't really physically exist...just kinda..."haunts". :redflip:

Old 05-25-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
music man

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Did you get a picture together? I've always kind of considered him a corporeal entity that doesn't really physically exist...just kinda..."haunts". :redflip:

I think that the reason there is no picture of Easy Rider is that Easy Rider is really a serial killer, and he goes off on these trips and kills people, and that is why we never heard from that other guy again, he got greedy and killed someone that people knew he was meeting up with, that is why Burksbuilds is still alive, he knew he couldn't get away with that twice, so he left him alone and went and killed a stranger. :whistle:
Old 05-26-2010, 01:26 AM   #7
burkbuilds

Sorry, I forgot my camera. I thought I still had it in my saddle bags but when I got there, no dice.
Old 05-26-2010, 08:43 AM   #8
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by music man
You do realize that the last person on this site to meet up with Easy Rider was never heard from on this site again after that don't you? You could be next. :twisted: :twisted: :skull:
Yea, I warned him about that. It was in Marietta too. :roll:

I think I forgot to thank you for lunch; my bad. Greatly appreciated.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:23 PM   #9
burkbuilds

You are welcome, that's just part of southern hospitality the way I was raised. If I come through Illinois you can show me how it's done up there.