Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 04-04-2010, 11:11 AM   #11
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
Re: gzbobber

It is in Oklahoma. And having no mirrors is illegal in FL (316.294) and fenders for motorcycles aren't mentioned - only for trucks and tractors over 2000lb gross weight (316.252)...

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 04-05-2010, 11:20 AM   #12
bonehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Good question. Also with that rotating rear tire 1/2" from my butt, I think I'd be squeezed up on that tank like I was making a baby.
Shirts should be tucked in at all times. That tire so close just looks like an accident waiting to happen.
Old 04-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #13
alanmcorcoran

You'll get a nice "stripe" up your back that's for sure. Did we get any performance info on this? Does it go any faster with the dressage removed?

Old 04-06-2010, 12:59 AM   #14
wee228

lol i enjoy all the replies. i love the different opinions it recieves. To start- im not finished with the bike just yet, these are transition pictures if u will. i have the seat , exhaust,rear fender and a buncha details to finish up. to the first question about the tank, its a '79 harley tank with original paint and it gave the patina look i was going for., my intentions were never to fake the funk but it definitely gets alot of attention, plus i picked up the old tank for like 30 bucks and original AMF harley bikes and parts are hard to come by. ill eventually paint the bike and the tank. and putting a huge "s" is not really in good taste in my opinion. the rear pegs are still on for the moment as i decide whether i like to ride my lady on the back and install a rear fender or not. its pretty wicked riding this little puppy down the road screamin'!! she's gained some power and the weight loss helped. (all the parts are for sale by the way) the rear tire, believe it or not, stays "clear of my rear" pretty well, i dont even get close, and no i dont get stripes on my back lol. ill probably add very small blinkers in the future to the rear and the front and eliminate the speedo. im not sure whats legal here but sofar sogood i guess lol.I can understand how some might feel like i did harm to the gz, but with no offense intended, im no where close to being a fan of the saddlebaggin' chrome, windshield, leather diggles on a motorcycle..im a bare bones, "only what u need" kinda guy. i loved building this bike and customizing it. the handle bars are off an old huffy beach cruiser and the grips off of a 70's huffy also. the rear brake like is an old miner's headlamp with the battery case. it rides sweet and i have no complaints. this is an awesome page and i love supporting these little bikes. thanks for your comments. :rawk:
Old 04-06-2010, 01:18 AM   #15
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Glad you are happy with it. That's all that counts really. You should, however, check out the state vehicle laws for what is and is not legal - just to keep out of trouble. Here, if your vehicle is missing stuff like turn signals or mirrors, they consider it not-road-worthy and will impound it, leaving you on the side of the road (I'm not kidding...srsly).

BTW, I love rat-bikes too.

FYI - Here's the FL state MV statutes.