Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Off-Topic Discussion

Old 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #21
Water Warrior 2

Re: It's Snowing in Atlanta in March!

The chin cover will be a welcome addition. After getting a balaclava I was amazed at the extra comfort and heat retention.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-04-2010, 11:29 PM   #22
burkbuilds

Hey Easy Rider, glad you made it out for a ride, maybe the weather will stay above 45 during the days for you now and you can get a ride in regularly.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:23 AM   #23
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Danny, mud tires are not snow tires. There is a big difference in rubber compound and tread. My Ranger is the same as your 4x4, not worth a darn in snow. With a set of winter ice radials you could climb up a wall with confidence.
very true, but the bfg mudders are rated 8 out of 10 in the snow. not quite sure i buy it but that is what they rate them at. i think i might have a bit of a problem with my 4wheel drive also.. some times it seems to work great and others it seems to barley work at all

Old 03-05-2010, 11:53 PM   #24
Water Warrior 2

Possibly compared to other mudders they are 8 out of 10. Had a full size Bronco with a rear locker and it was not near as good as a 2 wheel Ranger with 4 Good Year ice radials in the snow. Oh, just remembered. Had some Firestone all season radials on the Bronco that work like magic but were so loud I needed ear protection and their vibration due to tread design was so bad I had to replace most front end parts long before their time. I tossed the tires before they wore out.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
dannylightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Possibly compared to other mudders they are 8 out of 10. Had a full size Bronco with a rear locker and it was not near as good as a 2 wheel Ranger with 4 Good Year ice radials in the snow. Oh, just remembered. Had some Firestone all season radials on the Bronco that work like magic but were so loud I needed ear protection and their vibration due to tread design was so bad I had to replace most front end parts long before their time. I tossed the tires before they wore out.
yeah i probably should get some new tires for next winter. i radials huh, ill halve to check those out.