Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 10-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
GZ250

WHAT IS THE Right Tube Size for Tires?

The Question is I can find the tires by the Rim size (110/90-16 - front) (130/90-15 - rear), but when I look for the tubes under the rim size 15 and 16 it gives several options under the same rim size (tube size, stem type, etc). So which tube size should I select that fits these tires?

Tire History:

05 GZ - Need new tires for both wheels otherwise can't pass safety inspection. Front tire (Metzeler) will be replaced first time after 23300 miles. Rear tire (Metzeler) was replaced in fall 2007 with (Cheng Shin). Needs to be replaced again after 2 years.

The dealership I work with are asking $50 more for both tires. They only install if I buy from them. Instalation charges for both tires is $130. I looked at BikeBandit and I can get both tires cheaper. Now I have to find a place to get them installed. (Can't take the trouble of doing myself).

Thanks

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #2
New GZ250

Re: Right Tube Size for Tires

Check out this link, it is the Motorcycle Superstore. Didn't look if they had the size tires you want but...take note that they have a "preferred" tire installer link. This is kinda like Tire Rack and how they conduct business for installation. I'm sure you can find an installer in your area from their list.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/12 ... Tires.aspx
:2tup:
Old 10-22-2009, 07:20 AM   #3
bonehead

Re: Right Tube Size for Tires

I have bought my tires from a local dealer that blows every other place out of the water. I remove the wheel myself and take it to a tire shop to have them put the new tires and tubes on, around 15$ a wheel. It will cost more if you have a shop take the wheels off the bike. I think last time I asked a dealer about this it was somewhere around 55.00 for the rear, and that's why I pulled it myself.

Login or Register to Remove Ads