Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 08-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
Val

Re: Looking for info - and I found this forum

A little bit more:
My husband and I, and our 2 boys (21 and 23) started riding last spring. Mine was the first bike bought and it was clear that my 6'2" hubby didn't quite fit without major adjustments. He bought a Hyosung Aquila 250. Over the winter, we bought the boys an 87 Honda CX2 250.

Kevin on his Hyosung.

The boys' beast. (87 Honda)

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-03-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val
Mine was the first bike bought and it was clear that my 6'2" hubby didn't quite fit without major adjustments. He bought a Hyosung Aquila 250.
A review of this compared to the GZ would be nice to have. There are a lot of haters on the Chinese products around here. Maybe an unbiased review could give some perspective.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 AM   #13
VTXorcist

Send a message via Yahoo to VTXorcist

I think Hyosung is Korean. Verucci, which makes scooters and used to make a Virago 250cc knockoff called the Phantom, is Chinese.

I looked hard at the Aquila. It was on the short list of bikes for the wife, along with the GZ and the Virago 250. It basically came down to the first one that came up for sale in our price range, and the GZ won that race.

This is all hearsay, but the Aquila is supposed to have a ton of HP for a 250cc cruiser (close to 30HP, I think), plus it has even more big-bike styling. It's heavier as well.

Some info at motorcycle.com http://www.motorcycle.com/specs/hyosung ... gv250.html

A little bit dated, but still really good comparison of 250cc cruisers, including the Hyosung and GZ: http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadte ... index.html

Old 08-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #14
burkbuilds

That's the first time I've seen the Aquila. Checked out the website that VTXorcist posted, good info, thanks. Looks like it weighs 368lbs with a v-twin that produces 25 hp. It also comes standard with a tachometer and a fuel guage, a couple of things that would be nice to have on the GZ. Made in S. Korea. Nice looking bike, but I don't really see how it is any "bigger" size wise than the GZ, the seat height is listed at 27". Does your husband fit on this more comfortably than the GZ and if so, what do you attribute that to? Anyway, nice bikes all around, and glad to have you on the forum!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:58 PM   #15
Krazy Kraut

Welcome to the Club and nice Bike!
I am a NEWBIE myself and io love the Forum. Already did my first break pedal adjustment, with help of some FRIENDS!
WELCOME AGAIN! :rawk: :2tup:

Old 08-08-2009, 10:23 AM   #16
Val

Hyosung size:
Everything on the bike is a bit heftier than the GZ250 but more importantly, it has more leg room. The pedals / break / shifter are farther from the seat than on the GZ, so he doesn't feel so cramped. I'm not sure if it's because the seat is further back or because the pedals are further forward. I'll get hold of a camera and when it stops pouring here, I'll post up some pics.

Also, the Hyosung dealer is a gem. He's helped us out with the boys' Honda and is great with any answers we need for any of the bikes.