Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 06-11-2009, 01:22 PM   #1
Vinci

Just got my first bike

Hi from the south. So I decided to stop lurking and make an account. I bought my first bike 2003 GZ about a month ago and I love it, I can't seem to stop riding, even for a day. I had looked at many other bikes but was pulled towards the GZ, Virago, and Rebel because of my short stature 5'6 and because I wanted to do things right and start out on a smaller bike. Couldn't have been happier with my decision :2tup:

When I bought the bike it was fully stock except for a built in grip warmer. I adjusted the rear brake pedal to below my foot (thanks to this forum and the downloadable manual), removed the front fender, added black 3 inch round mirrors, taken stickers and emblems off, added different turn signals, and a home made side-mount licence plate (when I get time I'll write up a How To did a search and nothing came up, its VERY easy and doesn't cost much)

The plan is to eventually turn it into a bobber without ruining my clean title, so I'll be getting another rear fender and tank to paint instead of the originals
Later

Ride safe everyone
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-11-2009, 02:32 PM   #2
bonehead

Re: Just got my first bike

Welcome, and enjoy.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
Moedad

Welcome Vinci. How about a picture of your bike?

Old 06-11-2009, 09:43 PM   #4
Vinci

Sure, here ya go..sorry about the bad pics cell phone quality n all

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
Old 06-11-2009, 09:47 PM   #5
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777

Nice bike. Welcome. I've wondered what the GZ looks like with the smaller sport-style signals on it...not too bad.

Old 06-19-2009, 08:49 PM   #6
Vinci

Just an update and a question

I'm taking the MSF course next weekend, just wondered if they go over a lot of turning and different kinds of emergency maneuver?
That's the main things I want to get out of this class, smoother turning and emergency maneuvers. I've pretty much mastered clutch/throttle and gears I'm very smooth with it :rawk: fast learner haha

Thanks in advance

Also thanks for the welcomes and compliments on the bike!
Old 06-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinci
Just an update and a question

I'm taking the MSF course next weekend, just wondered if they go over a lot of turning and different kinds of emergency maneuver?
That's the main things I want to get out of this class, smoother turning and emergency maneuvers. I've pretty much mastered clutch/throttle and gears I'm very smooth with it :rawk: fast learner haha

Thanks in advance

Also thanks for the welcomes and compliments on the bike!
Just completed the course this March, the class is fast paced. They will teach you emergency breaking, swerving, in and out of cones, going over obstacles. Going around wide circles, figure eights and more. You learn a lot plus it is fun! Do a web search to find out more from others that took the course! All but one passed the class, but remember just passing the class doesn't mean you are safe on the road! I needed a lot more on the bike time and still do!