Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 02-17-2009, 10:12 AM   #21
Easy Rider

Re: Hello from Melbourne, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_777
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Not that I care that much, but with 400 or so members, odds are about 40 or so GZ250'ers ARE gay.
I think there's about 40 from California ON here....Hmmmm...Coincidence?
:shocked: :crackup :popcorn:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-17-2009, 10:15 AM   #22
Easy Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanmcorcoran
Don't fear the gays. At least they won't steal your women. Probably designed those ass-less chaps you're wearing.
Let it go, Alan.........least I trot out Freud!!! :poke2:
Old 02-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #23
alantf

Hey adrian,
I could be wrong, but it looks to me as if there's something missing from the backrest. Usually, the two bolts on either side that join the backrest to the side supports also connect a luggage rack that can be taken off. If the four bolts are about 5/8" too long, you can be sure that it's because the rack has been taken off & the original bolts used to hold the existing pieces together. It may be worth phoning the lady, & asking nicely if there is a rack. It's not unknown for someone to remove something, put it on a shelf in the garage, & forget about it. A friend of mine bought a hatchback car, & the seller forgot to put the luggage area cover back in the boot (trunk), so don't be shy about enquiring - she can only say "yes" or "no"
By the way, I only noticed this because my backrest/carrier is exactly the same as yours.

Old 02-18-2009, 08:25 AM   #24
adrianinflorida

Quote:
Originally Posted by alantf
Hey adrian,
I could be wrong, but it looks to me as if there's something missing from the backrest. Usually, the two bolts on either side that join the backrest to the side supports also connect a luggage rack that can be taken off. If the four bolts are about 5/8" too long, you can be sure that it's because the rack has been taken off & the original bolts used to hold the existing pieces together. It may be worth phoning the lady, & asking nicely if there is a rack. It's not unknown for someone to remove something, put it on a shelf in the garage, & forget about it. A friend of mine bought a hatchback car, & the seller forgot to put the luggage area cover back in the boot (trunk), so don't be shy about enquiring - she can only say "yes" or "no"
By the way, I only noticed this because my backrest/carrier is exactly the same as yours.
I already asked her, she said she never had a rack for it (She bought the sissy bar from a friend of hers). I temporarily put those longer bolts in, I was out of shorter bolts at the time. There are a few luggage racks for GZ250 sissy bars on EBay, I may look into them, but I don't really mind the lack of a rack. I'm debating saddle bags right now, I'd get more use out of them, I think, than the sissy bar rack.
Old 02-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #25
adrianinflorida

The new rear shocks arrived today, beautiful, shiny and rust free. Just waiting on the rear fender braces, and need to think about handlebars. Any suggestions from those who changed theirs? I'm open to pretty much anything except ape-hangers and drag bars.

Old 02-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #26
adrianinflorida

Cleaned her up some more, installed the new shocks, nice having non-rusty shocks on the bike. Now to find some handlebars.....