Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #1
Mr Moustache

Hello from upstate NY

Hi folks, prospective GZ250 owner here, from upstate NY. 42, wait, 43. Ah heck, it's just a number.

I've always had the bug for cycles since seeing mini-bikes in the Sears catalogs. I started riding on a friend's Suzuki 185cc. He got me putting around the yard in first gear. Some years later I bought a GS450L. I never really had good opportunities to ride it, with work getting in the way and riding partners scarce, so I never got my license. I ended up selling the bike and have regretted that forever.

Today I've got a Honda Shadow 600 VLX. It's more bike than I initially wanted, but I got 'er anyway. I took the MSF course a few months ago, so I'm licensed. While at the MSF range, I rode a GZ250 and I got hooked. I've always been sweet on Suzuki bikes, so I want one!! It will be perfect for my commute to work, which is only a few miles at mellow 35MPH speeds. And much better gas mileage than my truck gets.

Anyway, that's my story. Nice set of forums here with a lot of great information!!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 10-09-2008, 12:07 AM   #2
mr. softie

Re: Hello from upstate NY

Hey and hello there. This is a nice place. with nice people, riding nice bikes. Welcome!
Old 10-09-2008, 07:48 AM   #3
Sarris

Welcome to the forum.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:20 PM   #4
alanmcorcoran

A former Upstater myself (Ithaca back '76-'82) Better get out and ride before it gets cold!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #5
Mr Moustache

Thanks for the replies, folks! alanmcorcoran, it's been nice the last couple days here. Indian Summer, they're saying. Got some riding in Friday, and then today went to Ellicottville for their Fall Festival. Lots of bikers there, mostly Harleys. Lots on the roads too. It's nice to see people out and about on their bikes!

Old 10-12-2008, 04:02 AM   #6
alanmcorcoran

Yes, lots of excellent GZ roads in and around the Fingerlakes. Not sure if global warming has changed things, but it got damn cold up there when I was around. Drove a cab in the winter of '77 and I remember it being 20 below every morning for the entire month of February. When the temperature got up to 15, people broke out their barbecues and shorts...