Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Member Introductions

Old 08-05-2008, 08:41 AM   #11
Arkygs250

Thanks arsuzukied. I know where Ft. Roots is. I grew up living on Scenic Hill. Yep I'm loving my 10 mile commute to Conway in the morning but as you said with the heat index being around 110 degrees in the afternoons lately it is a bit warm. It won't keep me from riding though!

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-05-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
patrick_777

Send a message via ICQ to patrick_777 Send a message via AIM to patrick_777 Send a message via Yahoo to patrick_777
I'm sorry to say, but it's actually kept me from riding. I can't wait for the temps to come down even into the low 90s.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #13
Graydog

Hey Arkie...bet you bought that bike from the Doug Reynolds Suzuki lot on I-30 right? I watched that bike for a while to see how long it would stay on the lot. Didn't last long! I started to buy it even though I already had two bikes. It seemed to be in extra fine shape and I thought I could sell it for a little more than the $1400 since everyone seems to want a 250 suddenly.

I actually went back to the lot to buy it for a friend and you had just bought it! Let me know how it works out.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #14
Arkygs250

Hey Graydog. Nope that must have been another bike. I bought this one off an individual in Ferndale. I actually ended up only paying $1,350 for it and he threw in a nice touring jacket, some gloves and a nice helmet. I did have to buy tires for it though but I still think I did ok.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #15
Graydog

Sounds like you did ok. Maybe see you on the back roads.

Old 08-22-2008, 11:00 AM   #16
Blues

Hey you Arkies!

I see there's several more Arkansawyers in here. Y'all know where Blytheville is? If you haven't been here, you aren't missing much...flat country and cotton fields, but it's home (for now). I have ridden many a mile and have yet to see another GZ out on the road. Perhaps I'll run across another one sometime. Anyhow, howdy to my homeboys. Graydog..I'm guessing you to be a Marine. I'm (was for years) Air Force, so a salute to another GI. And I'm pretty sure the Marines will get to the 29 virgins before any martyrs. You might find that they've all been deflowered and there's the slight scent of jet fuel in the bedsheets, but you'll still beat any damn martyr!

Carry on
Aaron
Old 08-22-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
Arkygs250

Dang Blues Blytheville? Yeah I know where it is and the will NEVER forget the last time I was there. I was on a business trip in Chicago with 2 other associates on 9/11/01 and was scheduled to leave the day after. Of course NOBODY in the US was gonna fly that day. So we all piled up in the rental car and headed home. Drove through the Blytheville area on the way down from Missouri. If I remember right it was pretty exciting. We looked to the left and saw fields of corn. We looked to the right and saw fields of cotton. I think I took like a 2 hour nap and woke and looked out the window. You guessed it. Fields of dang corn and cotton! Anyway have fun in the GZ