Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-09-2008, 09:29 PM   #11
BigIron

I say: "Let those who ride decide."

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-10-2008, 06:55 PM   #12
johnboyhick1

the dang scooters

i dont care what they wear, i dont care what they ride, its not for me to decide, but what i do care about is that that i have three bikes and one is a gz250 that my wife is going to ride, i have to pay personal property , insurance , and buy license plates for all three, and here in VA. they say its a horse power and speed thing that makes them ok to ride without all of the above, depending on what road they are on they go just as fast as i do in my car or bike and one of the main roadways that go thro 5 cities in my area the limit is 45 and most will still go that fast, so why do i have to pay all the fees and they dont, i mean ,dam, VA. just come up with you can drive golf carts on most streets , but guess what , you have to buy special plates , for slow moving vehicle, and thats just so you can visit your neighbors in your neighborhood, now thats stupid, now dont get me wrong , im not pissed because they are riding, im pissed because they are doing the same thing im doing, trying to commute as cheap as possible, but why do the laws let the scooters do it for free, they should be paying a under powered , slow moving vehicle fee just like everyone else, and if your not old enough to have a liscense you should be restricted to side roads only,,,, just venting,,, johnny
Old 08-20-2008, 11:08 PM   #13
john1096

Re: I've had it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzuki
I am so tired of seeing these stupid scooter riders. They are everywhere and everyone of them wear sandals, shorts, and a half helmet with the chin strap undone. I am not kidding everyone of them. I just want to push one of them over and tell them how stupid they are.
You described 99.9 percent of the motorcycle riders I've seen, except for the chin strap part. The thing I'm tired of seeing is 50 or 100cc-ers that are riding, sometimes in groups, in 50mph four lane traffic, slowing everyone down and creating a general hazard. This talk of natural selection and culling the herd is all well and good, but insurance companies could easily consider them to just be part of the sub 250cc class when they have to pay out exponentially increasing amounts because of these untrained and dangerous riders. Our premiums are very good compared to other bikes, but they may not stay that way! All we can do is befriend the scooter riders, then convince them to take the safety course and get something safe to ride in traffic. Although some would say our bikes aren't safe for the things we do on them. I've read a lot about interstate/freeway travel here. I do it myself. It's all in the perspective, I guess. I just want them to be safe.

Login or Register to Remove Ads