Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 08-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
music man

Hot Springs Ar Motorcycle Rally and Bike Show!

For any of you close enough to be able to hop over here, The Hot Springs Motorcycle Rally and Bike Show, Sept. 11-14. I have went the last couple of years (though never on my bike), had just started riding when it came through last year. It is pretty cool, and they usually have some pretty awesome bikes. Also earlier in the year The Corvette Rally is Pretty awesome also.

Not only that it will be a trip to See some old school bands Like Molly Hatchet and Blackfoot.

Check this link out
http://www.thehotspringsrally.com/

Just thought a few of you may be interested. Later :rawk:

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #2
Graydog

Hey Music Man I picked up the pamphlet for that rally last week. I hope to go. May not be able to make it on the bike as I have two sisters that have never been to a bike rally before and they may want to go. If I do maybe we can hook up and have a drink.

Questions if you know.

Is it really $45 to get in to the rally as the registration form says? Or is that just to get into the concerts at the civic center?
Must say I have never had to pay that much before to go to a rally.

Is there an official badge/patch I can add to my vest?

Should I warn my sisters that after a certain hour "topless" becomes the trend? Or are Arkansas rallies more tame than other rallies (Texas, Arizona, Calif. and so on)? Never been to a rally in Arkansas before...although I've heard the one in north Arkansas is pretty big.

Lots of vendors?

The health of my father will determine if I can make it.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:54 AM   #3
music man

The 45 Dollar registration is mainly for people who are going to enter the events like the parade, the poker run, Bike show etc...as far as I know. The bike show itself is free to go into, or at least has been in the past. To get into the vendor area and shop, was either 5 or 10 dollars a head last year. I called to find out about your Patch/Badge, they are supposed to get back with me about that.

And also the concerts have been at Magic Springs in the past, so the prices for those I am unclear on too, but when they get back with me about the Badge/patch I will get some info on that too.

As for the "topless" thing, I have not seen a lot of crazy stuff like that going down, but you know as well as I do that when alcohol, women, Motorcycles and Loud music are involved.... Well lets just say they (meaning your sisters) should just be prepared to see a Boob or Two. LOL!

And yea that Rally in North Arkansas is Supposedly huge, I think they take over an entire campground for a Week or something like that, But I don't think that people that ride the kind of bikes that we ride would be quite as welcome there as they are here. And the whole hooking up and getting a drink is no problem, if you come from Benton on highway 5 you drive right past the road I live down in fountain lake. And I have never had the chance to take my bike downtown when the rally was going on, I really just hadn't been riding long enough last year when it came to town to be down there mixing it up with all that crazy traffic and stuff.

Also if you get a free day before then and you just want to go for a ride or whatever just drop me a line, Like I said I don't live but about 30 miles from you and I ride almost all the way to Benton all the time, if you ever come down that Highway (highway 5) be prepared for a bumpy ride, I don't know what happened to it, but like every mile or so there is almost like a speed bump across the whole highway that will jar your teeth if you don't watch it, looks like where the pavement buckled or something I don't know but it gets annoying after you hit about thirty of them. Anyways I will get back with you about the rest of the Rally information.

Later, and My name is Tony for anyone that is interested.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 08-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #4
music man

Well now they are telling me that you HAVE to get the "registration" to go to the concerts. So that leaves me out of the whole concert part. And also No Badges/patches???? I don't really understand that one either, Most motorcycle riders have at least one patch of some kind or another on there motorcycle gear. So I guess what they are really telling me is that unless you just want to watch a parade and go to a bike show and maybe do some shopping, you are going to have to fork over 45 dollars.

I don't know if you have ever been to Hot Springs, but on just a normal day here it is one of the more awesome places to go and see some sites. And also if you get a chance to come over on your motorcycle it is definitely one of the better places in Arkansas to ride, Lots of mountains and hills to go up on, and Lots of long and twisty roads. So just coming over here is worth your time, I don't know about you but I will be sticking to the stuff that doesn't require 45 dollars, thats just ridiculous.

Now I could see if you had a show type bike and you were going to enter the bike show, do the parade, the poker run, and the concerts how it would be worth your money, but just to go and soak up the atmosphere and see some sharp bikes, I DON'T THINK SO.

Later
:oops: