Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > General > Free Classifieds > Complete Bikes

Old 06-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #1
Water Warrior 2

Thinking of selling the Weestrom.

Been putting a lot of thought into letting the Weestrom go to another home. Anyone interested?
2005 Vstrom 650
approx 60,000kms.
Shoot me a PM for pics and info.
4,400 cash would be a nice price for all concerned. Lots of farkles and everything works as it should.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-14-2012, 02:08 AM   #2
PimpS

Re: Thinking of selling the Weestrom.

Water Warrior, why? Buying a new one or other?
Old 06-14-2012, 02:48 AM   #3
Water Warrior 2

I think I am about done with riding. There is no real desire to ride anymore. It is an ideal bike for touring almost anywhere and I have enjoyed it a great deal but I can put the money towards something else later on if I decide riding a different bike is not in the future. Only 3 rides so far this year and I keep gravitating to the Ranger more than the bike.

Old 06-14-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
alantf

That's a shame. I know I can't do any long rides on the island, but I still jump on the bike for everything from shopping to visiting friends. I know, with our weather, I don't have to lay the bike up every year, but it's so much cheaper to run than even our 1400cc car, that to give it up would be a no brainer.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

That's sad to hear.

Any chance you are located anywhere near Powell River? I'll be up that way at the end of July. I won't be interested in buying your bike, but I can certainly look at it and share a drink with you. I'll also be making a pit stop in Creston at some point.

Old 06-14-2012, 04:39 PM   #6
Water Warrior 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan180iq
That's sad to hear.

Any chance you are located anywhere near Powell River? I'll be up that way at the end of July. I won't be interested in buying your bike, but I can certainly look at it and share a drink with you. I'll also be making a pit stop in Creston at some point.
Powell River !!! Never been there but a lot of folks consider it and great destination. Getting there is interesting with ferries, scenic drives and salt air. It is actually on my "Bucket List".
Will you be on vacation or otherwise?
Lynda and I will be about 25 miles from Powell River next week. 25 miles of water actually. On Vancouver Island across the Strait of Georgia. I can't see going to Powell River in the foreseeable future but one day it will happen. There is so much to see and do along the coast with all the islands etc and travel is best done with lots of available time.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:06 PM   #7
burkbuilds

If I remember correctly you kinda debated whether you would ride again about a year or more back. Sounds like you've taken your time to decide what you want to do. I hope you will stay active on the forum even if you decide to stop riding, I always enjoy your input and the great pictures from your trips. I've had to do a little thinking about my future riding plans since my recent accident. It really takes a long time to mend bones at my age. One of the Physical therapists I'm working with told me they had a 3 year old with a broken Tibia that healed completely in 3 weeks. I'm over 2 months out now and still being told another 4-5 weeks before I'm able to put weight on that leg. I've still got the "bug" to ride, but I'm thinking it will probably involve a Trike in the future. The damage to my leg and knee is pretty bad and it might be over a year before I can hold up a bike again on that leg but I'm thinking I'll be able to ride a trike in a couple of months.

Good luck with selling your bike. You've certainly gotten good use out of it and from what you've told us over the years it has been a great bike for you. Hopefully the next owner will get as much enjoyment out of her as you did.

John
Old 06-15-2012, 02:17 AM   #8
Water Warrior 2

Thanks for your kind words BB. You have a pretty good memory about my past thoughts. I think the bike will go on CL in a week or so. We will be travelling Vancouver Island starting Friday or Saturday. Bikes will be staying home and the Ranger gets to stretch it's legs. Poor little truck, it rarely gets out of town.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:01 AM   #9
CMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
Thanks for your kind words BB. You have a pretty good memory about my past thoughts. I think the bike will go on CL in a week or so. We will be travelling Vancouver Island starting Friday or Saturday. Bikes will be staying home and the Ranger gets to stretch it's legs. Poor little truck, it rarely gets out of town.

Having a Vstrom myself I know its a great bike ,but I understand your situation. maybe a smaller used bike [low cost ] would work for you [used GZ 250] . I have a GZ and a TU250, and I ride them more than the larger bike ,more fun and great for short trips, even some long trips. I feel it would good to keep a small bike avaliable for the times when a little ride might do you well. Hope you stay here on the forum regardless. CMS/Terry :2tup:

2017 Yamaha R -3 White
2013 Suzuki GW250 Black
FSSNOC # 4953
Old 06-16-2012, 05:20 AM   #10
PimpS

Water Warrior, please don't go...
I know you won't!!!