Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 03-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Old School

Moving Along

It has been great to be a part of this forum. You folks have been overly helpful. Do to a bad head, scarcity of heads, and financial cost of fixation. I decided to part it out. So far so good. I have the tank gone, the carb, the light and assembly, the rear seat, the front seat is on it's way out. So where do I go from here as far as $$$ parts that will move? Thanks to you folks who have suffered the same way I have. Most of this has gone the way of ebay. I have been selling parts together which seems to offer some incentive and and edge over the salvage yards. I'm not sure if that is dumb idea or not but I'm moving them, though not making quite the profit potential as apposed to waiting it out.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2012, 11:54 AM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Moving Along

Sorry to hear you are not fixing the GZ but that is your choice and probably more cost effective in the long run. Will you be looking for another bike now or in the future?
Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #3
Old School

In the near future, I'm not in a big hurry. When spring buyers and sellers settle down a bit prices should as well.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 03-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

Make a short list and then start lurking on different forums to get a general feel for your short list bikes. This will give you a decent idea as to whether they are a riding or repair bike.
When I was looking for a bike and had pretty much decided on my Vstrom I spent a lot of midnite shifts lurking on Stromtrooper.com. Other than general maintenance all the owners were adding stuff to make the bike suit their personal tastes. No one had to fix one. The 650 was and still is almost the best in the bunch for an adventure bike.