Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 06-02-2024, 11:48 AM   #1
Mdood

Need help with blinkers

I recently purchased a 2010 gz 250 and I'm having an issue where only the front right turn signal works and the horn won't work when I press the button all I hear is a little chirp, anyone know what may be the problem?

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 06-20-2024, 01:14 PM   #2
Wijohn

I'm not too good with electronics but check your fuses, check your bulbs. The horn mmmm maybe a bad connection?? You can alway take the gas tank off and trace the wires. Good start for troubleshooting your problems.
Old 06-20-2024, 04:23 PM   #3
Axeman88

Sounds like a bad harness or bulb socket connection to me. Wiring for turn signals is a bit funky, powering is via the blinker relay, which is current sensitive, and grounding takes place through the indicator bulb, so it's relatively easy to throw everything off its game if a little additional resistance develops.

I suggest you take a look at the wiring diagram in the service manual, then go through the entire circuit searching for issues. My process is to disconnect each connector, give male and female sides a shot of plastic safe contact cleaner, then reconnect / disconnect / reconnect.

This has the effect of wiping the oxide layer off the contacts and sockets and making for good connections.

This stuff is available at most hardware stores and home centers.
Make sure it says plastic safe. https://www.harborfreight.com/11-oz-...ner-62228.html

Login or Register to Remove Ads