Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General GZ250 Talk

Old 02-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #1
New GZ250

Why I left the GZ250 Forum

Might be a good new topic, as I have noticed many members stay on a long term basis. I left because I received negative openness to new ideas, sarcastic answers, seems forum members seem to be a cliquish group not really receptive to newer members, being called a flamer. I'm posting this that I think you need to think before you post, most people who join are trying to add to the forum, aren't looking for negative input, and as a last straw being called a "FLAMER". I truly tried to add to this forum but got nothing really positive back with my efforts. I will never add/post to this site again, you might say it's just my view of the site but I think you need to look at the big picture when posting. The site is a great place for resource information, I thank you for that, but believe many others have left because of some of the things I have mentioned. Yes you might call it sour grapes, but I am trying to add to this site, once again in a positive manner. Just think many need to think before they post. I miss many of you guys but I don't need the input from others. Thanks to some for the important information that is available on this site. The question is why so many leave the site. Maybe I have a soft skin and too sensitive. Just try to help and add once again to this site. Haven't checked for my english/spelling so no flaming please. Yes I used to support this site with a few $, but that has nothing to do with it anything in the big picture. Think before you post.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 02-15-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Water Warrior 2

Re: Why I left the GZ250 Forum

I do hope you will reconsider your decision. We all get a bad taste in our mouth on ocassion but that is the nature of any forum. I do think you added to the forum in a positive manner and I am sure most members would agree. As for driving away newer members I am of the opinion some folks are just window shopping and have no real intention of staying around. Once they get a little info for their own particular situation they just leave and never return. Also think of the newer members who ride a GZ for a month and upgrade to a larger bike and never bother to say good bye.
Anyone who rides or has ridden a GZ is an asset here and you are a valued member in my mind.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:49 PM   #3
New GZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Warrior
I do hope you will reconsider your decision. We all get a bad taste in our mouth on ocassion but that is the nature of any forum. I do think you added to the forum in a positive manner and I am sure most members would agree. As for driving away newer members I am of the opinion some folks are just window shopping and have no real intention of staying around. Once they get a little info for their own particular situation they just leave and never return. Also think of the newer members who ride a GZ for a month and upgrade to a larger bike and never bother to say good bye.
Anyone who rides or has ridden a GZ is an asset here and you are a valued member in my mind.
Thanks Water Warrior for your positive input, I really got tired of the crap from some some of the regulars, i now ride a Bonne Black and my GZ25o, love both of them, they both have their pluses and minuses. I have found this site full of the regulars, with a few full of non positive posts. I belong to a Triumph of site and there is nothing but positive input and very little or no flaming. GZ250 for being such a small site and so few active members seems to me on the negative mood at many times, just not used to it. I do think u think before u post, just wish others did, and understand most if not all are trying to add to a great site. I just have not felt a warm feeling at times, and began to truly feel I was building on line friendships. Just felt/feel many have left the site because people on this site don't think before they post. It really pissed me off when I was called a flamer as I was just trying to explain why I thought I found a product recommended by Motorcycle news was great when I used it. WW you are are a true assets to this site. But I would love to hear why others left, if they check out this site. Just trying to help/give insight to the mediators,. They should delete the finger if they don't want to us to use it. I am amazed that so many use this site and can't sent a buck or two to support. Thanks for your post. I still love my GZ.

Old 02-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #4
Water Warrior 2

New GZ250, glad to hear you found a comfy forum with the right feel to it. Personal comfort is something we all need in this world to make things worth working for. The Bonnie is a sweet looking bike and the ones that show up in my neck of the woods always get some attention. Ride Safe and keep the rubber side down.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Rookie Rider

Thank you for all that ive learned from you, i mean it. Ride safe brother !!

Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #6
Rider

Send a message via Yahoo to Rider

Old 02-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Road_Clam

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250
Might be a good new topic, as I have noticed many members stay on a long term basis. I left because I received negative openness to new ideas, sarcastic answers, seems forum members seem to be a cliquish group not really receptive to newer members, being called a flamer. I'm posting this that I think you need to think before you post, most people who join are trying to add to the forum, aren't looking for negative input, and as a last straw being called a "FLAMER". I truly tried to add to this forum but got nothing really positive back with my efforts. I will never add/post to this site again, you might say it's just my view of the site but I think you need to look at the big picture when posting. The site is a great place for resource information, I thank you for that, but believe many others have left because of some of the things I have mentioned. Yes you might call it sour grapes, but I am trying to add to this site, once again in a positive manner. Just think many need to think before they post. I miss many of you guys but I don't need the input from others. Thanks to some for the important information that is available on this site. The question is why so many leave the site. Maybe I have a soft skin and too sensitive. Just try to help and add once again to this site. Haven't checked for my english/spelling so no flaming please. Yes I used to support this site with a few $, but that has nothing to do with it anything in the big picture. Think before you post.
Your feelings are all too familiar. I frequent a total of 6 forums and when it comes to motorcycles or snowmobiles, there is and will always be people with crappy, negitive attitudes. These specific "know-it-all" individuals almost always have way more mouth than knowledge. I've wrenched bikes, atv's, and snowmobiles for the past 26 years, and I STILL learn new things on a daily basis by listening to others ! :2tup:
I for one when reading logical BS will pipe right up and voice my facts. I also have no remorse barking at mr. "know-it-all" when mr. know-it-all is giving out bad info that could potentially cause an unknowing user frustrations or harm. (Like mr' know-it-all advising a new member to run 11 psi in their tires for better grip" ) . So come on back ! We will keep the stupid attitudes at bay ! Besides I need your help, I just bought a GZ250 for my wife and have questions !

Rich
2001 KX500
2007 YZ450F
2001 GZ250 (Wife's !)
Old 02-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #8
JWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by New GZ250

Link??? :??:
Could have been me thinking I was on a different forum? :??:
:popcorn:

Truth is there are lots of great bikes available
and not nearly as many good riders out there riding them...
"A man's got to know his limitations..."