Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > General Maintenance

Old 05-13-2014, 09:24 PM   #1
FlashyJMG

Bolt for rear frame cover?

Hey there, I bought my gz250 just over a month ago, and am trying to replace some of the oddities the former owner(s) subbed in.

I ordered a new bolt for the rear brace, and it isn't long enough to go through the rear fender, the frame, the spacer, and the chrome frame cover. The part # in the manual is 01550-08553, but the one they ordered me is 01550-0855A. I googled it and found that this bolt has superceded the original?

Can anyone help with this? Do I need the spacers? How do I put the backrest on with the new bolts? Can I just buy generic bolts, and if so what size should they be?

Thanks.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 05-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #2
jonathan180iq
Super Moderator

You need bolts or nuts?

The long bolts themselves are a pain in the ass if you're also putting on a rear rack or something, but they do work. There is just NO wiggle room. If you need a nut or even if you just want a longer bolt, take them to your local hardward store and they guys there can match you up with the right thread pitch and send you on your way. Guaranteed it will be a metric fine thread, but you should be able to find something at either Home Depot, Lowes, Ace, etc...