Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   GZ 250 Forums > GZ250-Specific > Troubleshooting

Old 01-03-2013, 09:18 PM   #1
suefarmer

Replacing CDI box on 2000 model

Hello. Recently, a friend of ours purchased a used 2000 model gz250 from a motorcycle instruction program at the local community college. He was told by the repair shop he took it to that the CDI box has gone out on the bike; they swapped it out with a good one from another bike to be sure, and it fired right up. Now we are trying to find a replacement. My question is, since Suzuki no longer makes the box that came on the 2000 year model, can a box from any other year be used in its place? Any help is much appreciated. We're trying to save as much money as possible.

Login or Register to Remove Ads
Old 01-03-2013, 11:24 PM   #2
blaine

Re: Replacing CDI box on 2000 model

Quote:
Originally Posted by suefarmer
Hello. Recently, a friend of ours purchased a used 2000 model gz250 from a motorcycle instruction program at the local community college. He was told by the repair shop he took it to that the CDI box has gone out on the bike; they swapped it out with a good one from another bike to be sure, and it fired right up. Now we are trying to find a replacement. My question is, since Suzuki no longer makes the box that came on the 2000 year model, can a box from any other year be used in its place? Any help is much appreciated. We're trying to save as much money as possible.
The CDI boxes are all the same. :cool: